Chapter 8: I'm Scared And That's Okay

Reach Out I'll Be There
~ Four Tops

"Now if you feel that you can't go on
Because all of your hope is gone
And your life is filled with much confusion
Until happiness is just an illusion
And your world around is crumblin' down
Darling, reach out, come on girl, reach on out for me"

"Now if you feel that you can't go onBecause all of your hope is goneAnd your life is filled with much confusionUntil happiness is just an illusionAnd your world around is crumblin' downDarling, reach out, come on girl, reach on out for me"

CHAPTER 8: I'M SCARED AND THAT'S OKAY

        "Jesus, what the fuck happened to you?!" Nadine yelled as she ran into Morty's, a deep scream tearing through the building. She spotted Diego laid out on a table with Lila on him. The woman stuck something into his stomach, making him scream again. The sound of electricity caused the girl to look up quickly, spotting Five. She dropped her bag by a couch on the other side of the room from him. He gave her a nice smile and leaned against the doorway before facing his brother. "Oh, he isn't dead?"

        "Disappointed?" Lila asked from her spot fixing him. Five exhaled with a sarcastic smile before walking towards the table and grabbing a napkin. "Oh, to see you? Always." He commented, squinting slightly.

        Lila opened her mouth as she furrowed her eyebrows. "So much hostility in such a tiny package." She stated as she looked up from Diego. Nadine walked toward him when she noticed him holding the napkin to his neck. "Just how we like him." She joked, smiling at him softly.

        She turned to stand an inch from him and took ahold of the napkin, moving it off his skin a little to see a good sized cut. "How did you get this?" She whispered to him, tilting her head up a little. "Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy." Lila joked with a small glare.

        Five sighed, taking the napkin from Nadine's hands. "No, I just ran into an old family friend." He lifted the cloth off his skin and looked at it sadly. The girl raised an eyebrow before reaching a hand out to him and feeling the skin around the cut slightly. She hissed, thinking about how much it had to have hurt.

        Nadine looked around for a second, Five's bright green eyes following her movements. Snoring had caught her attention, making her try to find the culprit. The boy turned slightly, noticing Elliott still tied to a chair. "You didn't untie him?" The girl glanced around Five's body, chuckling a bit at the sleeping man.

        "Was I supposed to?" Lila asked with an eyebrow raised.

~~~~~

        "Hey, Five." Nadine sat in the kitchen with her legs crossed over the table, playing with her fingers. Five was in the chair next to her looking at some newspaper clippings and sipping on a cup of coffee.

        He finished the cup with a hum before putting it down and looking at her with an open expression. "Yeah?" The girl smiled nervously and pushed her chair back so that it was standing on two legs.