Chapter 2: Absolutely Darling

Always See Your Face
~ Love

"Won't somebody please
Help me with my miseries
Can't somebody see, yeah
What this world has done to me

And I know I know
And I say, oh, I say
That no matter where I go
I will always see your face

Won't somebody please
Help me with my memories
Can't somebody see, yeah
What this world has done to me"

Won't somebody please Help me with my memoriesCan't somebody see, yeahWhat this world has done to me"

CHAPTER 2: ABSOLUTELY DARLING

        June, 1963
        "Do you want me to come with you this time?" Eli asked from his spot next to her as she grabbed her coat, heading out the door. "No, it's okay. I'll see you at work, right?" He sighed with a small smile and nodded, sticking his hands in his pockets.

        "Can you at least tell me why you go back there?" The girl stared at him for a second, holding her bag tightly in her arms. She grinned at him and shook her head as she opened the door and made her way out. "Just gonna leave me guessing?" Eli screamed out after her. "Be safe!" He added.

         Nadine smiled as she walked down the gravel driveway to her bike. It had been a month since she started living with the Moores. A day didn't go by that she didn't think about the Hargreeves siblings. About Five.

        "Why do you go out there anyways? Reliving trauma?" The girl gasped, her hand shooting to her chest. Billy stepped out from behind a tree in the yard, his arms crossed over his chest. "Jeez, Bill! Don't sneak up on me like that." She breathed out as he joined step with her. Their hair bounced in a similar way as they walked.

        "Don't flip your lid, I was heading this way before you got outside." He explained to her, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I just... I want answers, I guess." The lie had become uniform for her, slipping easily off her tongue.

He nodded, his expression becoming serious as he looked around her. "You should just stop. Stay here with us." Nadine gave him a small smile and nodded to the side.

"I want to at least try." She muttered, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. He clicked his tongue before turning around and walking away.

"As your ancestor, I have to say, he's an asshat." Nadine's lips tightened as the spirit fell into step with her, glancing behind her once. "Yeah, I know, I know. I'm only staying here until I find them, you know that."