Chapter 1: Thats A Lot Of Blood

Like A Rolling Stone
~ Bob Dylan

"You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hanging out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging your next meal

How does it feel, how does it feel?
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone"

How does it feel, how does it feel?To be without a homeLike a complete unknown, like a rolling stone"

CHAPTER 1: THATS A LOT OF BLOOD

May 24th, 1963
Nadine fell, scraping her knees across the cement ground. She rolled over onto her back and closed her eyes tightly. Her chest rose and fell as she caught her breath. She could feel the blood between her finger tips from her ear.

After a second, she opened her eyes. Her vision spun as she put her hands under her and lifted herself up off the ground. Once she was on her feet, she stumbled over to a wall and leant her body against it, squinting at the street in front of her. Her hearing was coming back very slowly, she thanked the coven for that, but the inside of her ear still hurt like hell.

Nadine raised an eyebrow, her mouth opening slightly in shock. Where the fuck am I? She shook her head, noticing the older clothing and the vintage cars.

"What the fuck?"

She ran towards a newspaper stand and grabbed a copy, staring at the date. She reread it a few times to make sure what she had been seeing was true.

1963??? What the-

She looked down at her clothes, noting that she would stick out like a sore, bruised, bloody thumb in them. Her basketball shorts, bowling alley shoes, and graphic tee were not ready for this decade.

A wave of nausea hit her, her headache getting worse. Where are the others? Nadine's eyes widened as she ran back to the alleyway. "Five!?" She screamed, leaning against a wall. "Klaus? Diego?" She tightened her lips and held her side, her eyes burning. "Five?" She dropped to the ground, her hands going to her face.

"Are you okay?" A boys voice made her jump, turning around fast. He noticed the blood on her jaw and her red eyes. She stood up and gripped the wall, tripping slightly. The boy ran towards her, helping her stand up. "Oh gosh, that's a lot of blood. Ma'am, are you okay?" She looked at him and squinted her eyes.

"I don't know what happened to me." He nodded as he wrapped her arm around his shoulders, pulling her out of the alley. "It's going to be okay, I can get you help." The girls vision was fading in and out as she looked over at him.