New Years Kiss

Your Pov

"Bye guys!" I tell everyone as they leave my house, not too long after the kiss. For a whole ten minutes Finney was dark red and he kept apologizing, which was really funny. But Oh. My. God. Finney Blake kissed me. It's like this boy wants me to be more obsessed with him!

○Time Skip○

Its New Years Eve!!!! Everyone is super excited since we'll be watching fireworks to celebrate the New Year. It's been a bit awkward with me and Finney though, like there's more tension between us since the kiss.

But other than that it's been great! "(Y/n)! Get out of bed!" My mom shouts, "Coming.." I mumble. I roll out of my bed and put on a random shirt and some jeans. I look for a coat since it's still chilly. I shove things around in my closet before finding Finneys jacket.

I never gave it back? Welp, I'm wearing it now. I put it on and wow. It's still so fluffy. I go downstairs and see my mom watching tv. "Finally! It's 12pm." She says, taking a bite out of her toast. I roll my eyes and go into the kitchen to have breakfast.

I grab a bowl and some cereal. My mom comes over, putting her plate in the sink. "Isn't that Finneys?" She asks with a smirk. "It's the comfiest jacket I own." I defend shoving a huge spoonful of cereal in my mouth to hide my blush. "Sure," is all she says before walking back out.

I finish eating then go upstairs to brush my teeth. Once done with everything I go over to the Blake's house. "Mom, I'll meet you at the lake for the fireworks!" I tell her, "Okay, be safe!" She shouts back. I go out the house and feel the breeze on my face. It's still cold, and there's snow still on the floor!

Automatically I wrap my arms around my body and put on the hood. I really need to invest in a jacket like this one, this feels good and smells good. Wait, this smells like Finney. I immediately stop thinking and speed walk over to the Blake's house, I knock on the door and it's opened by Gwen

"(Y/n)!" Gwen shouts seeing me. "Hi Gwen!" I say back and she leads me inside. "Nice jacket," she compliments and I roll my eyes. "Bet you were sniffing it and blushing over it." She whispers to me. "Shut up!"

We walk into the living room and both Ryan and Finn are laying on their stomachs playing uno. Finney looks up at me and turns right back down. I frown slightly but don't let it show.

"You two wanna play?" Ryan asks, propping his body up on his elbows. "Sure" me and Gwen say at the same time. We both look at eachother and start laughing. I take a seat next to Finn, who is also sitting up now.

While Ryan shuffles the cards, making sure to show off to Gwen, Finney leans over towards me. "Nice outfit" He whispers, I turn red. "I-I forgot I had the jacket. But it's comfy!" I tell him quickly and he laughs. "I was joking!" He tells me and I laugh too, at least it's not awkward.

I get my cards and see I have two wild cards, a plus two, and a bunch of blue and yellow cards. I'm bout to slay this game. Gwen plays first and puts down a green one, then Ryan puts a plus two and smirks at me, I just smirk back and play mine.

We all turn to Finney with smug looks and he shows no emotion. Then he puts down a plus two and starts laughing. We turn to Gwen, her mouth is open and she looks flabbergasted. "What the fuck guys." Is all she says before grabbing six cards from the stack.

We continue playing, now I'm on my last card. Finney has two, Gwen has four, and Ryan has two. It gets to his turn and he places a wild card. Sitting there for a few seconds trying to read my face, "Blue!" He says confidently.

I fake a pout and throw down my wild card. "Aw man, almost had me." I mock. "Screw you." He says to me. "Wouldn't you like to do that to Gwen." I mumble causing Finney to laugh, and Gwen and Ryan to go red. He doesn't say anything after that.