Winter Break

Your Pov

"Come onnn!" I shove Gwen forward. "We're gonna be late to school!" "I don't care." She says back, digging her heels into the frosted ground making it harder for me to move her. "We have seven hours until winter break and you're making this difficult." I sigh, and she sticks out her tongue.

"Fine, you leave me no other choice." I state, "Wha-Hey!" She yells as I pick her up, "its this or a piggy back ride." I tell her, "Alright, alright, put me down." She says flailing her arms around. I put her down and continue walking, trying to keep up with the boys ahead of us.

Before I can get two steps farther Gwen jumps on my back making me struggle to keep her up. "Onward!" She shouts making me giggle. "Of course my queen!" I yell back in a awful British accent, running as fast as I can. "Wooohooo!" She yells as we sprint in front of the boys, "see ya losers!" I shout back to them.

Little do we know, that Ryan's now on Finneys back, speeding towards us. "Giddyup!" Ryan yells in a country accent. "Yeeehawww!" I hear Finney yell behind us. Making me and Gwen fall into a fit of laughter. I continue running, trying to get away from the cowboys behind us.

As I turn a corner my feet slip on the ice causing me and Gwen to go tumbling down into a pile of snow. We look at eachother, then break into laughter. The boys run up to us and give eachother side smirks before grabbing us.

"What are you two-" before I can finish Finney throws me on his back, Ryan doing the same to Gwen. "Let's go!" Finn yells to Ryan causing them to pick up speed with us on their backs. I turn to Gwen and she turns to me, both of us laughing with tinted cheeks.

Once we arrive at school the boys put us down. As Finn tries to regain his breath, I grab some snow forming it into a snowball. Throwing it right at his face. He turns to me, snow all over and grabs a huge chunk of snow, forming it into a ball. I start running hoping I can escape but to my demise, I feel a cold chilling feeling on my back. Where Finney threw the giant ball. I fall face first into a pile of fluffy snow, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

While Finney helps me up we hear a bell, we all look at eachother and rush into our classes. "Ah, nice of you to join us, Ms.(y/ln)." The teacher says as I burst into the classroom. "Sorry, I got caught up in the snow." I apologize, embarrassed that we were 10 minutes late. "It's fine, now take your seat please."

"Caught in the snow? More like caught up with Finney." Lucy says as we make paper snowflakes. "Okay, maybe I was caught up with him, but that's besides the point!" I say, while unfolding my snowflake to see it lopsided. "Suree, you two doing anything special for Christmas?" She asks with a smirk.

"I don't think so, I might have them come over, but that's about it." I tell her watching as she opens her snowflake to see it perfectly even with a heart in the middle. "You should make him one like this." She tells me noticing my admiration to her snowflake.

"Here, follow my steps," she starts, handing me a paper. She folds it in half, then opens it folding the other direction. I follow trying to make sure my lines are perfect. After about three minutes of struggling, I unfold my snowflake. It's a bit uneven but you can tell it's a heart! "It looks great! I'm sure he'll love it!" She tells me, "yeah." I say laughing.

"Hey Lucy?" I ask, fidgeting with my fingers. "Hm?" She asks while cutting out a paper tree. "You seem to be good at this stuff, so what do you think a guy would want as a gift? I ask slightly embarrassed. "Well, you know Finney much better than me. But I'm sure he'd love anything from you!" She tells me

"That's not much help," I sigh. "Well, tell me. What does he like?" She asks with a warm smile. "Okay, I can do that. He likes baseball, his sister, science, space, hanging out with friends, and stuff like that." I tell her. "Wait! I'll get him space stuff related!" I say before she can even finish. "There you go!" She giggles.