Getting Out

Your Pov

After a while we both hear a ringing and decide to see who it is. We jump over the hole and get over to the phone. "What?" Finney asks. "Hey Finn, hey (y/n)" We hear Robin say. "Whats happening?" He asks.

"Robin?" We both ask. "Hey buddy. Don't cry." He tells Finn. "I'm not." He quickly says while wiping his tears away, I do the same. "Yes you guys are. I can see you." "You can?" I ask. "I'm with you. I've been with you, this whole time."

"You have?" Finney mumbles out. "A man never leaves a friend behind. My dad didn't leave his buddies behind when he went to 'Nam. That's why he didn't come home. And I'm not coming home either." Robin says. "And I'm not going to leave you guys behind." He tells us. "We'll be together again soon." Finn tell him, while I look down sadly.

"Fuck that. You ain't gonna go like I did." Robin tell Finn. "I've tried everything. Nothings worked!" "Yet." Robin finishes for him. "Robin.." Finney tries but Robin cuts him off, "Do you remember what I told you?" He asks. "That I needed to see Texas Chain Saw Massacre?" Finn jokes and I lightly smile. "Before that." Robin tells him. "That someday I have to stand up for myself." Finn answers.

"Someday is today, Finn. Same for you (y/n). Today's the day you stop taking shit from anybody!" Robin says. "I'm not a fighter like you, Robin. You couldn't even take him" Finn tell him. "You've always been a fighter, Finn. That what we have in common, why we were friends. You were always afraid to throw a punch, but you always knew how to take one. And you always got back up, every time." Robin explains.

"I'm not strong enough." Finney sighs. "You have to be. You're getting out of here. If you can't do it for you, do it for me." Robin continues. "What does it matter?!" Finn groans. "Because I don't wanna die for nothing! I want to at least have died for a friend! And because I can't kill that hijo de puta, you have to do it for me." Robin states. "How?" Finn asks quietly. "You're gonna use a weapon." "What weapon?" "The one in your hand." "The phone?" Finn questions. "Fill the receiver with dirt. Pack it in tight, give it some heft." He explains. "Then what?"

"Then you practice over and over." I step back as Finney and Robin work together. "You raise the phone. Take a fast step back, step forward, step back. And swing!" I hear Robin say. "Try it." "Now?" "Yes!" Robin repeats himself as Finn slowly does the movements. He does it again. Finn starts to actually try and he moves faster this time. Then once again. He moves faster with more power. One last time. He does it swiftly and much more powerful than the first time.

I walk back over and hear Robin say, "you got it. Now fill the phone with dirt like a I told you." "Will I still be able to talk with you?" Finn asks. "This was the last call, Finn." Robin responds sadly. "It's all you two from here on out." "I'll miss you Robin." Finn says while looking at the wall. "Then get out for me. Use what we gave you." He tells him. "I will." Finn answers determined. "Bye Finn." "Bye Robin." He puts the phone down and starts cutting.

After it snaps off we fill it with dirt, and pack it in tight. Just like Robin said. We make a trap for the Grabber. By putting two screws in the wall with the cable connected. That will cause him to trip. And adding the bars into the hole, hoping he'll break his ankle while falling in.

Now we wait. We wait for the Grabber to come down, and end it all. The phone starts to shake, causing us to go near it. As we get there the lights turn on. Signaling that he's coming. Finn puts down his pen and grabs the phone, while I stand alongside him. Waiting for him to come down. To our surprise it's a different person. "No fucking way!" He says, "I knew that he was hiding something from me down here, but holy Mary, mother of God!" He continues.

"Please, help!" I say. "C-can you call my dad? Call my sister?" Finney asks. "Oh, listen. Don't worry, he's not here. He-he had to go into work. Uh, I'm Max, man. Stay-stay calm." He says quickly. "No wonder he was freaking out this morning. Hey, you want to know the story about how I found you, man?" He asks us. "No, no, no.." Finney starts and shakes his head. I hear steps behind him and start yelling, "No! NO! MOVE!" "Don't worry about it! We can talk about this..." He starts opening the door more to reveal the Grabber. Before he can't continue he's hit in the back of the head with an axe.

We scream and step back against the wall. I start breathing heavy and fast, watching Max's body fall to the floor. "Look what you made me do." He starts, "you made me kill my brother." "No" Finn says while panting. "It wasnt me. I..." He tries to say. "He was an idiot! But he was my idiot." The Grabber says. "I'm sorry Max" He mumbles to himself. "Now I'm gonna have to put you with the others." He sighs. "Looks like you'll find those naughty boys after all."

I gag as the Grabber pulls the axe out of his head. It squishes with each pull. "Whats up with the phone, huh?" He asks Finn. "I told you it doesn't work!" He yells. "Normally I would use a knife. But you two are special. Finney and (y/n). I'm gonna take my time. I want this to really hurt. Finns breathing increases as I get ready to run. "Samson!" The Grabber yells. A dog comes down, barking. It growls and snarls at us. The Grabber ties him to the wall while saying, "good boy."

As the Grabber comes nearer he starts to laugh. Just as he swings me and Finney yell and run towards the bathroom. Before I fully get out of the way the axe grazes my shoulder, but I hardly feel it with the adrenaline I feel. I keep going and we jump over the hole and I pull the cable. The Grabber comes running in, trips on the cable and falls into the hole. He breaks his ankle in the process, just like we planned.

He yells out and screams. But Finn hits him. He tries to swing again but Finn dodges again and hits him once more. The Grabber growls at Finney and tries to punch again. But Finn hits him so hard that he falls back. As Finn tries to punch again the Grabber grabs him and tries to choke him. But I quickly pull of his mask and go behind him. He tries to cover up his face and releases Finney. Finn punches him again, and again, and again. He then looks at the cord and wraps it around his neck. He sits next to me and chokes with the cord while yelling.

As the Grabber gasps for air, the phone starts ringing. Finney puts in next to the Grabbers ear and says, "it's for you."

"Welcome to the nightmare end of you pathetic little life!" Vance yells
Griffins laughs and yells, "You. Don't. Have. Much. Time!"
"Today's the day motherfucker!" Vance yells again.
"I can't kill you hijo de puta, so Finns gonna do it for me!" Robin yells
"Finns arm is mint!" Bruce yells
As Finn snaps the Grabbers neck.

He slowly sinks to the floor dead. I look at Finn and he looks at me. Then we turn to the dog barking. I quickly scramble up and grab a piece of meat from the freezer. I throw it in the corner for the dog. Me and Finn slowly walk out together. Worn out and tired, we walk upstairs. Finn opens the front door with the lock combination we got from Griffin.

As we walk out we see police cars and ambulances. I look around then suddenly feel my shoulder burn. I pull my sleeve down and see that I have a deep cut from when the Grabber hit me. As I look forward I see Gwen running towards us. She pulls Finney into a hug, then me, then both of us. The detectives and cops run to us. And Finney responds for us. "Basement." Is all he says and they run straight into the house. Gwen continues to latch onto us as the police move us to the ambulance.

As they give us blankets and ask if we're alright, one notices my shoulder and looks at it. "It's definitely going to scar. But it won't need stitching or anything like that." He tells me. I nod as he wraps it up. I look up and see Finney and Gwen's dad run towards them. I zone out to what he's saying, and see my mother run over to me.

"(Y/n)! I'm so sorry I left! I shouldn't have gone!" She cries while hugging me. I lean into her hug crying as well.

Don't think it's over just yet 😉
I didn't want to rush a relationship like I've seen other stories do it, so after all this traumatic stuff I'm going to have a story going where they do fall in love. (As if (y/n) doesn't already have a crush)

Word count: 1619