Arcade

Your Pov

"Hey, you guys wanna go to the arcade after school?" I ask Finn and Gwen during lunch. "Sure, we'll have to stop by our houses to get money though. I don't keep any on me." Finn tells me. "Alright, so you two go back home and meet me at my house since it's on the way to the arcade," I say to both of them. They nod and continue eating.

Once, you guessed it, school was over we quickly rushed out of school to get to the arcade. "Meet me at my house in 10!" I yell as I run home. "Yes ma'am!" Finney shouts and Gwen yells a 'okay' before going into their house. I keep running trying to hurry so we can get there before everyone else. It is weekend after all, so it'll get packed fast.

Finneys Pov

"You and (y/n) have gotten a lot closer since everything's happen." Gwen comments as she goes to her room. "We're just friends Gwen!" I shout back looking for any money I have in my room. "Sureee you are." She taunts. I mean (y/n)'s cool and funny, but I doubt she'd like me like that.

"Are you just gonna stand there? Or are you gonna get your money?" Gwen asks from the hallway, holding a bag of coins. "I-uh give me a second!" I mentally curse myself for stuttering. I grab my money I have hidden in the corner and walk past Gwen. Purposely hitting her with my shoulder.

"Let's go, (y/n)'s probably waiting." I tell her opening the door. "More like you're desperate to see her again." She mumbles and I hit her. "Ow! Not again!"

Your Pov

I'm just sitting on the couch waiting. My mom gave me 20 bucks to use, so I'll just change it to quarters there. It's been about 7 minutes and I'm boreeed! I wish they would hur-

"(Y/n)! You're friends are here!" My mom calls. "Okay im coming!" I put my shoes on quickly and say bye to my mom. "Omg hey! I haven't seen you guys in like years!" I say sarcastically as I walk outside. "No way! Is that really you (y/n)? Last time I saw you, you were about this tall!" Gwen exclaims putting her hand to her waist. Finn just rolls his eyes and starts walking.

"Mr. Moody is just mad cause he knows he's gonna lose to us." I tell Gwen, "Yeah I mean look at him, it must be amateur hour!" She says and giggles. "I can hear you two, you know?" Finn yells ahead of us. "Did you hear someone talking?" I ask Gwen. She shakes her head, "I only heard the wails of a loser!" She shouts the last part.

Once we arrive me and Gwen rush ahead of Finn and change my money into quarters. Once the machine dispenses them, I shove them all into my pockets. "Let's go! Let's go!" Gwen pulls my arm. I grab onto Finney too so he follows us.

When Gwen let's go we're infront of a dance game. 'Dance Mania!' It says in bold letters. I put in four quartets for us to play. Gwen quickly chooses a song and gets ready. I stand next to her, while Finneys watching us amused. 'Fox On The Run' starts playing and the screen starts giving us instructions on where to step.

I tried hard, I really did! But my hand eye coordination is horrible. Instead of going up I go down, and right instead of left. Let's just say Gwen won by a lot. "That was horrible!" Finn tells me while laughing and gasping for air. "Shut up! You go against her. She's like a dancing queen!" I argue. "Alright, I will!" He says proudly.

His ego was damaged, intensely. Gwen put on 'Rock And Roll All Nite' and he did worse than me! Gwen won by over 2,000 points. "Maybe you were right, she's kinda good at that game." He admits exhausted. "You guys suck! That was child's play!" Gwen brags, "Try me on Pac-Man. I'll bet you 50 cents ill do better!" I state. "Let's go then, easy 50 cents for me." She gloats.

Now I've played Pac-Man multiple times, and hold the record on that machine. But they don't need to know that. I put in a quarter and start up the game. Gwen on my right and Finn on my left. I easily finish the first part, then the second, and third. Already over 5,000 points. "Getting nervous yet?" I ask Gwen mockingly. "Uh no?" She says unsure. I end up getting 15,093 points and scoot over so Gwen can play. Finn then comes next to me and whispers, "she has no clue how to play Pac-Man." I start laughing and Gwen glares at me.

She puts in her quarters and gets started. She starts off pretty good, but while going for the cherry she dies. Losing her first life. She doesn't last much longer and finishes with 4,293 points. "Pay up, dancing queen." I put my hand out for her. She grumbles then drops two quarters for me. Finn laughs then goes over to 1942, the weird airplane game.

Hes surprisingly good at it. But that's not gonna stop me from challenging him. "If you get over 15,000 points on this. I'll give you the two quarters." I start and he smirks. "But! If you don't. I get two quarters from you!" I state. "Okay" He simply shrugs and keeps playing. I stand proudly but slowly start to slouch seeing he's really really good at this. "Oh god" I mumble and Gwen laughs.

He ends the game with 23,672. "Pay up, Pac-Man queen." He mocks what I said to Gwen. I grab the two quarters and shove them in his hand. "What a cheater." I tell Gwen, "sounds like you're salty you lost." She tells me before running off to Galaga.

I walk over to the claw machines, and Finn goes back to playing 1942. I look through each one and find one with a cute chicken stuffed animal. I immediately put in four quarters and start playing. I line it up and it grabs it. Yes! And then it falls. Not yes! I try again, and again, and again. But still fail to get it. Finney comes over after seeing me struggle for around ten minutes.

"Whatcha tryna win?" He asks. "The stupid chicken!" I say aggravated. "Let's me try," he says calmly and puts in four quarters. I swear if this is some cliché crush moment I'm gonna to cry. He lines up the claw machine and confidently clicks the button. He looks back at me, "boom!" He says, and I try to hold in my laugh. "What?" He turns around. He didn't even hit it, it missed by like 2 inches. I start breaking into laughter at his facial expression.

He puts in another four quartets and tries again. This time actually hitting it. "This is the one!" He shouts at the machine. It grabs the chicken but drops it before it goes into the hole. He looks at me awkwardly before putting in more money. He lines up the claw machine, 'perfectly' as he said, and pushes the button. The claw grabs onto the chicken and pulls it up, this time successfully going into the hole. "WOO! I did it!" He yells, causing people to look at him weird. "Sorry," he mumbles while turning to me. "Here you are, my lady!" He exaggerates while bowing.

"Thank you, fair lord?" I giggle and my cheeks heat up. He smiles and then grabs my arm pulling me towards Gwen. She's now talking to a boy, while they play the dancing game. He seems to be keeping up pretty well, even while talking. I elbow Finney, "I think she found her match and future boyfriend." I smile. He elbows me back, "Yeah, I think I have something to make fun of her about now." He smiles excitedly.

Once Gwen and the boy finish she waves to him and walks over to us. "Why are you two smirking at me like that?" She asks nervously. "No reason!" I tell her innocently, just like she's done to me before. "Who was the guy?" Finn asks smirking down at her. "Oh, his name was Ryan, wasn't he pretty cool!" She responds quickly. "Someone's got a crushhh!" I say in a sing song voice. "No, I do not!" She argues following me.

"Sure, sure. Did you get his house number too?" I gush at her. "Stop it." She rolls her eyes. "You did!" Finney shouts next to her and I laugh. "Okay maybe I did, so what?!" She yells. "No need to get mad! Just asking." Finn says and we look at eachother. "You two are planning something. And I don't like it." She glares at us.

"Where'd you get the chicken?" She asks trying to change the subject. "The claw machine, Finney here is a 'pro' as he would say, and won it for me." I tell her, "look who's got a crushhh!" She mocks. But to her demise, Ryan walks up. "Hey uh Gwen, before I left I wanted to get you something." He tells her quickly, not making eye contact. He's holding a rainbow lollipop out for her. "Thank you Ryan, hope to see you at school!" She tells him as he rushes away. I look at her and she looks away with rosey cheeks.

Okay I really enjoyed making this one.
Definitely gonna do more things like this because awwww.
Gwen and Ryan might have something going on eventually. Wish that would happen to me.

Word count: 1629