-|9|2|-

The previous chapter is a little too short for my liking so I'll fix that here...

___________________________________________

Had a very bad start to my morning, probably the worst-- my mom got very sick last night, seemingly out of nowhere because wasn't she just out and about a couple of weeks ago? Cracking jokes and chastising my ass?

What is this disease? How can you just be up one day and down the next?

I got no sleep, just stayed by her side all night trying to keep her fever down manageable and trying to steam the room to open up her air ways-- she was wheezing and could hardly breathe. Not only that, she had a runny tummy, and walking her back and forth all night from the toilet outside was a feat I have done way too many times before.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Nebula got up before dawn and was being fussy for some reason, and I had to calm her down. And I had to get ready for work today and get her ready for daycare as well.

Mam'Noni got to my house late which made me late, can't even be mad because this is a huge favour she's doing us and under different circumstances I'd ask for time off work but it's only my second day... I have to make it at least a month.

I was late for work, late getting Nebula to daycare but of course the cherry on top was running into Mam'Pinky, Nebula's grandmother who had a choice of words for me this morning the first of which being her distate of the daycare I chose for my daughter and how her blood deserves much better.

Said blood was all too happy to see her, and it was a fight trying to get her to part ways with her and say bye.

I had to cut the interaction short because she had the nerve to roll up on my mom yesterday morning while I was at work-- pissed me the fuck off but I had bigger things to worry.

But now there she was and this time trying to guilt me for not bringing Nebula to their house anymore, tried to make me seem like the asshole for not calling Lebone with updates on how his daughter who he dropped off in the middle of the night while I wasn't even home is doing.

But I got heated when she flipped her pinstraight wig over her shoulder and still looked down at me when she said, "I hope you're not leaving her alone at night with that mother of yours when you go out to the city to do... what you do.."

There was absolutely no doubt about what she meant and I was honestly not in the mood to entertain her but of course she had to take it up a notch because she then sneered at me--

And said, "And don't get comfortable Enhle, I saw how bad things have gotten and my lawyers are still in contact with the social worker. No grandchild of mine is going to live like that."

I lost my shit then, "What do you want?! Huh? Nebula was with you and you had a problem, now she's with me and I'm not bothering you anymore and you still have a problem!"

I didn't mean to engage but I'm on my last thread with the night I had. And definitely on my last one with this woman.

But I didn't expect her to say, "I want her to have never been born."

Just like that.

She told me she wished her granddaughter was never born.

My eyes started burning then and there but I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of bringing tears to my eyes.

When that dirty little girl who had a crush on Vivid said it a few days ago it didn't bother me but when it comes from the mouth of his own mother... I felt it in every single cell in my body.