Chapter 57 ➼ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝑜𝓈𝓅𝑒𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝒥𝑜𝓈𝑒𝓅𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒

Start from the beginning

Octavia gasps as she realizes that Angelina now wades up to her knees while she and Diyoza were only ankle deep. "Lina," she whispers, "don't use anymore magic."

"Noted," Angelina scoffs.

Angelina watches for hours as the sun slowly starts it's descent. Drooping down beneath the planet, the darkness begins to settle in. Despite Octavia's warning to Angelina about holding back her magic, Octavia continued to struggle against the ground for her release.

Despite Angelina's best efforts, the hold of the ground was stronger than her magic. Each time the woman attempted to use her magic in aid of an escape, the ground swallowed more of her. Now both Angelina and Octavia waded up to their torso, their arms still free while Diyoza waded at the knee.

"Would you like to know why your brother left you out here to die?" Diyoza speaks, her voice filling the silence between the three.

"Oh, shut up," Octavia huffs. Angelina was glad she was stuck facing the opposite way of Diyoza, glad she didn't have to look at her this whole time.

Diyoza ignores Octavia, "you're a hurricane leaving a other of destruction in your wake. Both of you."

"I said, shut up!" Octavia snaps as she flings the sinking mud in Diyoza's direction.

"So you hate people, who cares?" Diyoza continues. "Suck it up and get over it."

Grinding her teeth, Angelina speaks over her shoulder, "whatever you think you know about us, you don't so shut your damn mouth."

"You're wrong," Diyoza says with a matter-the-fact smirk. "I used to be you two. You know that the more you struggle, the deeper you sink and neither of you can help yourselves."

"At least I'm trying!" Octavia huffs as she tries to wiggle her way out of the mud. "Your baby's ticket into Sanctum is getting away and what are you doing about it? Nothing."

"Being annoying," Angelina huffs, her eyes trained on the trees before her as she imagines Roan and Raen stumbling upon the three of them. Angelina can't help but let her mind wander when she worries about Roan.

"He's not getting away," Diyoza speaks, using the same knowing tone that drove Angelina mad. "He's studying us from the trees. It's why he told us not to struggle."

"I don't see anything," Octavia argues as Angelina lets out a long sigh.

"You will as soon as I give this gun up," Diyoza holds up the hand gun from her waist band. "And as soon as he knows that Angelina won't obliterate him to a crisp."

Angelina smirks, turning her head to face Diyoza as she speaks, "no promises."

Octavia continues to struggle against the sinking mud, thrashing her torso in attempts to free a leg. Diyoza watches the girl with a smirk on her face, "before I do that, though," she raises her gun, aiming it right for Octavia, "I need to know. Do you want to die?"

Octavia pauses in her attempts to free herself, turning her head slowly to eyeball the pistol.

"Just say the word and I can put you out of our misery," Diyoza continues.

Angelina growls a deep snarl, her eyes pitch black as she attempts to lunge for the woman. Though the mud doesn't give, "if you were smart you'd kill me first."