9.1 - Meeting The Friends

Easton

I woke up without Ava next to me.

Her absence was the first thing I noticed once I regained consciousness, followed by a distinct sweet smell. She was cooking.

I put my pajama pants on and got down to the kitchen, where I saw Ava in front of her stove, stirring something in a pan, humming and moving her hips to the sound of an upbeat pop song.

Gawking at her was becoming one of my favorite things to do.

I watched her from behind, as she swayed her body in a sensual manner. I had just woken up, but I was already filled with desire for her.

I approached her from behind and hugged her by the waist. She leaned back when she felt me, throwing her free arm over me.

"Good morning." I said, leaning down and kissing her cheek.

"Good morning." She repeated, dumping something that looked like eggs on a plate. Then she turned around to face me and gave me a quick kiss before grabbing another plate from a cabinet.

"What are you making?" I asked, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Stuffed omelets with hash browns and grilled bacon." She said, putting the other omelet in a plate. "It's already one o'clock, so I figured we should have brunch."

"Good idea. What can I do?"

"I'm almost done, so maybe just set the table?"

I did what she asked and went to find the silverware. I spread it on both sides of the table, running back to find some glasses and setting them too. Then, I went onto the fridge to find drinks. As I approached, I saw the two notes I had written for her when I sent her the roses stuck on it.

"I put them there so I wouldn't lose them." She told me when she saw me looking.

I made a mental note to write her more of these so she could cover her fridge with them.

I took out a jar of orange juice and a bottle of liquid yogurt and set it on the table. She placed the plates onto the table already served and we sat down. Then, she put one of her legs over mine and I caressed it while we ate.

Physical contact with her came so easy, and the lack of it made me so restless. Like we were made to be intertwined in one another, the slightest touch giving me an overwhelming sense of inner peace.

There was nothing else but her when she was around. And when she wasn't, all there was, was her absence.

I had always felt like something was missing, then I found it in her. There was no way in hell I'd ever let her go.

After brunch, I helped her clean up the kitchen and we went upstairs, taking turns showering. It was already half past 2 and Ava had to work at 4, so we couldn't even take the risk of trying to just shower together.

I sat on her bed and watched her as she faced her full length mirror in a towel, turning her hair into a braid and doing her makeup, double checking every little thing to make sure she got it right.

"What do you think?" She asked, turning around to face me.

"I think I really want to take that towel off you." I said, playfully.

She giggled in response, coming closer to me. She wrapped her hands around my neck and rested them on my hair, looking down on me.

"You know I can't be late."

"I know. And I don't plan on it, but you're only getting the truth from me."

She bent down and gently kissed my lips. Then, she took the towel off herself, making it fall onto the floor. She always managed to shock me in so many ways. The Ava I was getting to know was so much more than what she showed the world.