Duets

Alex POV

So apparently Quinn's upset that I had to stay an extra month in New York

So apparently Quinn's upset that I had to stay an extra month in New York. So I decided not to tell her that I'm back. It's probably going to blow up in my face but that's okay. Right?

I walk inside of the choir room and hear a scream. Quinn runs over and tackles me to the floor. "Hi. Missed you too" I groan and sit up on my hands. She places kisses all over my face making me smile. "Nice uniform"

"Why didn't you tell me you were back?" she asks with a frown while Mike helps us up. "I wanted to surprise you. And everyone" I say as she pulls me towards a chair. "Where's Puck?" everyone just shrugs and Quinn sits in my lap with her arms around my neck. "So nobody else gets to say hi to Lex?" Santana asks and Quinn shakes her head. Mr. Schue walks in and I groan slightly. I forgot how sad his outfits are

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around. Sorry I'm late, guys" he puts down his bag then spots me underneath Quinn. "Alex. You're back" I nod with a smile. "Don't worry. I'm going to try not to cause trouble this year" he chuckles then nods. "Well that's great. Now. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie"

"Of course he is" I say and Quinn slaps my neck. "What'd he do?" she asks making me roll my eyes. "He drove his moms Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM" Mr. Schue says making Santana and Brittany laugh. "That sounds awesome"

"When's he getting out?" Rachel asks making Mr. Schue shrug. "Unknown"

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me" Brittany says and I nod in agreement. Pucks an idiot but my god he knows how to have fun. "Guys! Let's have some sympathy."

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence" Finn says and I scoff. "Finn you really need to just shut up sometimes" he glares at me and I flip him off. "We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity"

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asks. "For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!" Sam walks in and with a huge smile. "Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. ... Sam, I am. ... And I don't like green eggs and ham" he says and I raise my eyebrows. "I like him" he gives me a nod and I send one back

"Oh, wow. He has no game"

"Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam" Finn says standing up and walking up to Sam. "Oh, good"

"Sam, you sit right here" Sam takes a seat at the front and Finn sits down next to him. "All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr. Schue asks and Brittany raises her hand 

"A blanket"

"A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people may think..." I rest my head against Quinn's and I feel her smile. "I missed you so much" I mumble rubbing her thigh. "I missed you more"