Ballad

Can we just appreciate how beautiful this girl is right here.

Alex's POV

"Alright everyone I would like to introduce a new student and new member to the glee club" Mr. Schue announces and I raise my eyebrows. "Please welcome Ms. Elizabeth Alvarez" he says and I take a sip of the slushie I 'bought'. A dark haired girl walks in and I choke on my drink. She is gorgeous. 

(Camila Mendes as Elizabeth)

"Well looks like you got a rise out of someone" Mr. Schue says as Brittany pats my back. "Wanky" Santana says and I laugh. "Well take a seat" she sits next to me and gives me a smile. Jeez that smile can knock all the wind from your lungs. I smile back and turn to look at Mr. Schue. He rights the word ballad on the board and I smile. I love ballads. "Ballad. From the Middle English, balade. Who knows what that word means?" he asks and Brittany raises her hand. "It's a male duck" close. Kurt raises his hand. "Kurt" he says and I look over. "A ballad is a love song" I roll my eyes and raise my hand. He nods to me and I put my hand down. "It's not always a love song. It's a way of expressing yourself. Or when you can't say the right thing sometimes you can just sing it." I say and Mr. Schue claps. "Couldn't have said it better myself. Okay, now sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new rule this year. We have to perform a ballad"

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off!" Rachel says. "First off Mr. Schuester I would just like to say that I think Alex should definitely write something for sectionals" Rachel says shocking me. "Wait Alex you write?" Kurt asks. "Uhm yeah. I haven't showed anyone really but I bet I could do something cool" I say and everyone looks over at Mr. Schue. "Not really what we're looking for but noted. Okay, here's your assignment for the week. I'm going to pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eyes, and find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it" I scoff and lean down in my chair. "I pick Quinn" Finn says and I roll my eyes. Oh yeah Quinn picked Finn... again. "No that's too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate" Mr. Schue says. "You sound like a middle school girl talking about how she 'accidentally' bumped into the guy she like"

"I put all of your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner." where the hell did he get a top hat from. "I bet the duck's in the hat" Brittany whispers to me. "But Matt's out sick today. He had to go to the hospital 'cause they found a spider in his ear" Santana says. "Awesome" I mumble. "Um... I guess I'll just have to put my name in the hat for now. Who's up first?" Puck walks up and pulls out a name. "Mercedes" I snicker and Mercedes glares at me. Artie rolls up and grabs a name. "Quinn" me and Santana try to hold back our laughs and so does Brittany. Finn walks up and takes out a name. "Kurt" we lose all control and burst out laughing. "That's so gay! Oh my god this is gonna be amazing" I say. 

"Mr. Schue I don't know if I can do this with another guy" Finn says. "The fates have spoken Finn" he sits down and Tina walks up. "Other Asian" I get up and walk toward the hat. "No switching?" I ask and he shakes his head. I sigh and pull out a paper. "Elizabeth" I put the paper down and walk back. "We can work together after school" she whispers as I watch Santana take out a paper. She smiles and looks up. "Brittany" she puts the paper down and runs over. "Are they dating?" Elizabeth asks. "Seems like it right? They're totally in love with each other though"