Ch. 48: Jailhouse Hostage Pt. 2

Jackson throws open the door, allowing Matt and Scott to come in. I can barely see through a crack in the cabinet door, allowing light to shine in. Scott turns green to Matt, letting go of his abdomen where he was shot.

"The evidence is gone...why don't you just go?"

"You think the evidence mattered that much, huh? I want the book!?"

"What book?"

"The bestiary!? Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing!?"

"I don't have it. It's Gerard's. What do you want it for anyway?"

"I need answers..."

"Answers to what?!"

"To this!?"

Matt reaches down, grabbing his shirt and pulling it up. The whole right side of his torso is covered in scales, just like the Kanima's.

He didn't follow the rules...

——

Martin Victor's book said to mix the venom with holy basil, Echinacea, feverfew, English lavender, and flaxseed before boiling it into a broth. After the broth simmers for ten minutes, it needs to be rapidly cooled in order for it to work properly.

The recipe only called for tea spoon of venom, which I have in the vile. I wait for Jackson to be called away before I slip out of my hiding spot, disappearing with out a trace.

——

I get to the clinic, where I know most of the ingredients will be, and rush in. Deaton looks up at me in surprise as I start to raid his cabinets.

"Can I help you with something?"

"I need this list of ingredients, now."

"Okay..."

He opens another cabinet, grabbing jars of different dried herbs and setting them in the table. He walks to another cabinet, getting out a big pan that he uses when he needs to cook here.

"What do you need all of this for?"

"I've found a remedy for the Kanima venom...I just need to make it properly and I will have it..."

"Where's the recipe? I can make it as you go help the others..."

I pull out a paper where I wrote down the remedies, both recipes word for word. Deaton looks it over, surprised with my findings.

"I found it in a book by a researcher...he would capture different supernatural creatures and test their abilities and ways to stop them..."

"Martin Victor..."

"Yes."

"I've got this...go help your brother."

I nod before handing him the vile and rushing out.

——

I make it back to the police station, seeing the lights off as shots rang out. Sirens blare as I slip into the side entrance that was blown open.

I rush down the hall, seeing Scott run with Stiles. I rush in the direction they came from, seeing Derek struggling to get up. I grab him, haling his ass up as he grunts.

"What are you doing?"

I put my finger to my lips, silencing him as we move. I see Jackson up ahead, standing in a doorway as he hissed. I lean Derek against a wall, pulling out my Katanas. I twirl them as I look at the kanima, narrowing my eyes.

He rushes towards me as I get in a defensive stance, holding my blades up. Right at the last second, I dodge out of the way as I slice his abdomen.

He hisses at me again, swiping at me as I stay just out of reach. I flip around, round house kicking him in the face before rolling to the side. I land in a crouch, blades held out in front of me.

Derek, now in wolf form, runs at Jackson, swiping at him fast. I take the opportunity to rush at the kanima while he's distracted, stabbing him through the stomach with one blade and slicing his throat with other.

I read in one of the books that a kanima can not die from fatal wounds unless they are in human form. Seeing as Jackson is still standing, I take it as a good sign that he won't die by my hands.

I roll out of the way as he slices his claws at me, striking to kill. Derek growls as he swipes Jackson's back, giving me a chance to recouperait. I strike him a few times before his hisses and dashes off, leaving Derek and I behind.

I look back at him, nodding at him before walking away.

I need to find my family...

——

I find my mom in the back room, Noah knocked out on the ground with Matt standing over him. I hide, drawing his attention to me as I shine my green eyes.

Matt's eyes fill with fear as he looks at me. I feel movement behind me, hearing growling as alpha Derek joins me. I hear hissing coming from the other entrance, seeing the kanima standing there.

I growl as I look at it, drawing my blades for round two. Derek also growls as he pushes past me, rushing at the kanima with vengeance.

Derek throws Jackson onto the table beside me clawing and swiping at it as Matt rushes away. I go to follow him until I see Derek get knocked across the room. I rush at the kanima, swinging my blades over and over again as I knock it back against the table.

It hiss in my face as I stab it in the heart, hissing back. My full cougar face is on, eyes glowing bright green as I show my full anger. The kanima hisses again before using its tail to tossing me across the room.

Derek goes after it again, grabbing a metal chair to use against it. My vision drifts in and out as I struggle to keep my eyes focused. I see the kanima knock Derek into a wall, knocking him out. I growl as I stand up, grabbing a dagger and my remaining katana. The other one is across the room laying on the floor from the kanima ripping it out of its chest.

It moves for the cell my mom's in, hissing at her as it tries to get in. I growl again, drawing its attention as I slice its tail. It hisses in pain as it loses the tip of its tail. I growl as it swipes at me, barely missing my throat as I dodge it's advances.

I stab it it the throat with my dagger as I stab it in the stomach again. It hisses more before back handing me into a stone wall, finally causing me to black out.

——

A/N

So?

Drink water!!!!!!!

Love
-the author