washable markers

blue

"hi pretty girl." maggie looked up from her phone.

"hi maggie." i closed the green room's door and sat on the other side of the couch maggie was sitting at.

"did billie leave for her interview?" she asked.

"yeah she did a while ago." i nodded.

"wanna see pictures of baby billie?" maggie asked, patting the empty space beside her.

"i could never say no to seeing fetus billie." i chuckled, scooting closer to her.

"you just missed her birthday before meeting billie, every year i make the cake and this year she balled her eyes out because her cake had the color green in it and she hated the color green at that time." maggie explained why billie was crying in the photo on her phone.

"it sucks that we missed each other's birthdays. i'm only ten days older than her and i always tease her about it." i chuckled. "sometimes it backfires though, she calls me old..."

"you're not old, i'm old." maggie said.

"you're not old!"

"yes i am! i have a twenty three year old daughter and a twenty seven year old son and i'm about to be a grandmother." she laughed.

"oh shut up, age is just a number. you're seriously like... twenty five from the inside." i shook my head.

"i feel young." she shrugged.

"there you have it!"

she swiped from the crying picture of billie and the next one was her and drew with their little curtain bangs. "ohhh." maggie giggled.

"her and drew had these bangs for a while and they were inseparable then, patrick, her parents and i always called them the curtains because billie always had hers to the right and drew's was to the left. so when they were together they completed each other, it was cute."

"what i'm thinking about is billie really is a natural blonde!" i widened my eyes, surprised i didn't regesiter that from the other pictures i've already seen.

"oh yeah she does, it's probably gotten darker now, but who knows? we haven't seen her natural hair for years." maggie said.

"maggie." i called out.

"yeah honey?"

"did you totally freak out when billie told you a total stranger dyed her hair in her hotel room?" i laughed as i asked.

"oh yeah. i swear billie has zero survival instincts but i'm glad she doesn't because now she has you and you can keep her alive." maggie said.

"i hate to break it to you mama but she's gonna most probably out live me." i rested my head on maggie's shoulder as we continued looking at the pictures.

"at least she'll be good for a while, and don't say that! you're gonna have a long and healthy life" she nudged me.

"aw look at her here!" i pouted. "that little pink tutu on her is so cute, i'll just explode right here, right now."

"she loved that thing, she always wore it." maggie laughed, making my head move with her shoulder, which made her laugh even more and i joined her.

"look at you having my daughters girlfriend and my girlfriend's mother quality time!" billie arrived after a while of maggie and i killing time together.

"i'm surprised you didn't stutter when saying that." i raised my head from maggie's shoulder, got up and hugged billie.

"what are you doing?" she asked, looking at maggie's phone. "you're showing her pictures of baby me?" her eyes widened. "why would you do that!"