DNA

blue

"good morning dr. mandosa." i smiled.

"someone is in a good mood." she smiled back.

"yeah i guess." i shrugged. "life is good now."

"i've seen you performing in concerts with billie eilish. that's huge! i also love you your hair!" dr. mandosa said.

"thank you, i just changed it up two days ago. billie actually dyed my hair for me." i kicked my feet under the hospital bed.

"oh, you guys are close huh?" she asked as she was going through my papers.

"yeah, we are. she's.. she's actually my girlfriend." i pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"oh! that's great blue, i'm happy for you." the 'oh' was way too loud which made me softy laugh. "she looks like she's a really sweet person."

"she is." i nodded.

i've known dr. mandosa for most of my life and i've grown really close to her, i feel safe with her, she's seen me through all my phases from ten year old me to twenty year old me. i'd say she's also very protective towards me, but if you asked her she'd probably reply with "blue is my patient, of course i am protective of her. it's literally my job." or some bullshit.

"that fever you had last month really woried your dad." she chuckled. "i think he called me a total of eleven times that day, not counting the missed calls and the texts."

"oh my god, i'm so sorry." i widened my eyes.

"no it's okay, i'm just glad that it was just a regular fever, not an infection, but you have to always be careful with yourself, you don't want to take chances."

"i know, i've heard this every two months for the last million years. if it's a cold, a fever, nausea, anything that feels wrong i have to immediately report it to you and directly to you." i rolled my eyes.

"good." she was impressed. "when are you leaving and where are you going next?" she closed my folder and got up to examin my ears, throat and cheack my temperature.

"we're leaving late tomorrow, and we are going san francisco i believe." i nodded when i fact checked that by taking a moment to actually think.

"so what? do you just not know where you're going next on the tour? you just trust you manger to take you were your need to be?" she said as she had the ear thingy in my ear.

"yeah, but not really at the same time. like some days i'll know where we're going cause i was looking forward to that location and then some other days i have no idea where we are." i shrugged.

"is everyone there like that?" she laughed at me.

"hell no, everyone knows where we are. i'm the only one that wakes up in the middle of a flight or the road in the tour bus and asks 'where are we going?'. people always bully me for that but i don't care honestly, the important thing is when i'm on stage i know where i am, and i most probably just found it out an hour ago."  i replied.

"you're living in a whole different world, for real."

"i'm rubbing off on you huh? you're saying 'for real' at the end of sentences now." i was actually proud.

"yeah, i'm taking some notes to sound a little younger than i am. you know, i'm getting old."

"you're not getting old. you're just older, being old is being a boomer, that's old. you're not old, you're like half what the average human lifespan is." i shook my head.

"yeah yeah sure. now stop shaking you head i have to check your throat now."

"i've been a good girl, i haven't been sucking dildos or any dicks right?"