"I know."

Haechan badly wants to cuddle with Jisung but he's actively aware that he's boiling water for his dinner.

Jisung seems to remember as he asks, "Do you want me to make it?"

"My ramen is better than yours", Haechan mumbles.

Jisung smacks his arm, laughing a bit at the insult. Haechan giggles which makes Jisung look even happier. Jisung stands up and holds out a hand to the male. Haechan takes it and let's Jisung lead him to the kitchen.

It's still silent as Haechan adds the ingredients to the now boiling water, but it feels more comfortable this time. Plus, the brunet hates awkwardness so he adds every ingredient in a weird, dramatic way to lighten the atmosphere.

Pretty soon, the ramen is done and Haechan is splitting it up into two bowls, being sure to give Jisung a small amount of soup for flavor since he only likes the noodles.

Their slurping makes them giggle, further easing the tension from earlier. But it comes right back when they finish eating and Haechan basically traps Jisung on the couch, one leg over his so he can't leave while their arms are around each other and Haechan is nearly leaning on the males chest.

Eventually, the things in Haechans mind become too taunting so he speaks. "I feel like I'm not good enough. I'm aware of my flaws but while I would admit to however many I have, they seemed to find a hundred. Everything was wrong with me. And then, with our conversation from earlier, I don't even know how it relates to this but this just what popped into my head. And maybe it's because I feel guilty about how I treat Jaemin or something. I don't even fully understand why this is bothering me like this but yeah."

"Haechan, you're not any of the things those people convinced you that you are."

"Then why...?" Haechan trails off, eyes filling with tears as his mind starts telling him awful things that he's not supposed to believe.

"I don't know. Maybe they were projecting. You are wonderful and I really have no idea why they said any of that shit to you. But they're ungrateful brats."

"But they said", Haechan sniffles, "they said that I'm too loud, annoying, clingy, rude, unsympathetic, I don't know, I forgot after the first two minutes of the goddamn hour they spent complaining about my entire being."

Jisung holds Haechan tighter, squeezing his hand every so often to comfort him.

"You didn't deserve that", Jisung speaks up after a while. "No one does but I don't know everyone, I know you. You don't deserve that. Everyone is different and has different ways of showing love. Plus, it's not a bad thing if you take up space. It's okay if you're loud, dramatic-"

That gets Haechan to giggle, his mood feeling increased when he sees his best friend smile at his happiness. One of his silent ways of should affection.

"It's okay if you're confident and try not to let things affect you. It's okay if you want to show the love you feel for people you care about. You're amazing and there's nothing wrong with you. They couldn't handle it so they put you down for these things instead. It's not fair and I wish you didn't go through that." Jisung cuddles Haechan closer. "But even if they were assholes who obviously don't fit into your life, it doesn't mean everyone else agrees with them. Haechan, I love you because of those things they found oh so problematic. 'Cause they're not problems, okay?"

Haechan nods with tears in his eyes, glad it's only Jisung that's seeing him like this. He hides his face against Jisungs chest, not wanting his best friend to see even worse mess he's about to become and because he likes the warmth the male radiates.