House of Allegiance

Start from the beginning

"Nothing," she replied. I frowned I had definitely heard something and it appeared so had my sister.

Light the way, light the way.

"Light the way," I said, causing my sister to look over at me.

"What are you talking about?" Amber asked.

"Are you okay?" Fabian asked.

"I think so, uh...I don't know," I glanced at my sister.

*****

"s" to the "o" to the r-r-y. I don't have an alibi.
I knew my cheating bribe was sleaze. But take me back before someone sees," we heard Mick cheering with pompoms as we walked into the living room. He was wearing a "Mara I'm sorry" shirt to complete the outfit.

"Nice moves, Mick," Fabian laughed.

"Yeah, you're very impressive, Mick," Patricia teased.

"Thanks very much, Amber. Total humiliation!" Mick ran out of the room.

Unleash the power. And light the way, and light the way.

I joined my sister underneath the chandelier as I followed the sound of the voice.

"What is so very fascinating up there, misses Martin?" Victor called down to us.

"Nothing, nothing!" I rushed to say as we hurried past him up the stairs.

"I almost knocked Victor flying!" Amber told us as she entered our room.

"What?" Nina asked.

"Oh, he was changing the light bulbs in the old chandelier," she replied.

"No!" I shouted as we quickly stood up.

"What?" she asked confused.

"We think the next clue is hidden in there.
We have to stop him now! Hurry!" Nina exclaimed.

"What are we gonna do?" I whispered as we reached the landing and peered over.

"Okay, make sure you catch me," Amber said. "Victor, I don't feel very...Ahh!" Amber called out.

"Oh, Victor, quick! Amber has fainted!" I cried out as I caught Amber.

"She hasn't been on another one of her fad diets?" Victor asked as he stomped up the stairs.

"Oh, I feel terrible. Oh, my heart is racing, and I have a fever. But I'm really cold and faint. Oh, my ankle hurts a lot!" Amber acted out.

"You, go and get Trudy now," he told my sister as he helped me get Amber to her feet. I could hear him start shouting at my sister so we rushed back out.

"Victor. The room started spinning, And I think my ankles are swelling up!" Amber cried out, as he turned around. I watched my sister quickly bend down to pick up a piece of paper under her foot before Victor turned back to her.

"Trudy will be with you presently," he said.

"Oh, Trudy, yes. I'll go get her!" Nina said before darting off.

I had to endure sitting in my room impatiently as Trudy tended to Amber when all I wanted to do was check out the new puzzle piece and see what the new riddle said but it had to wait.

Suddenly my sister rushed back into the room. Apparently Fabian had suggested that she and or I might be the chosen one after she told him about us hearing voices. I didn't like it, but I did see his point, though I had a feeling it was Nina not me. Sarah had been calling me "the reincarnation" whatever that meant. Which was also scary enough to think about but she would have said chosen one if it were me...right? I had no idea what that might mean for my sister though...I mean Joy had been removed from school and was being hunted my Rufus because they thought she was the chosen one!

*****

"You're obviously feeling a lot better, Amber, After your fainting episode," Trudy said as we ate dinner.

"Yes, I'm better. Thanks, Trudy. It was terrible. And terrifying. And also frightening," Amber said as Jerome got up from the table.

"Thanks, Trudy," he told her.

"Where are you going?" Alfie suddenly asked.

"Places to go, people to see," Jerome replied before leaving the room. Okay, that was weird.

"So, Mick, are you joining the school pom-pom squad?" Patricia asked.

"No. Why would you think that?" He replied.

"Wasn't that your cheerleading audition piece earlier?" She teased doing a mini version of his cheer from earlier as we laughed.

"Very funny. Amber, we're on kitchen duty," Mick said as he stood up.

"Be with you in a sec," she called out.

"Lost your appetite, Alfie?" Fabian asked as he noticed Alfie had barely touched his food.

"Yeah, it was delicious. Thanks, Trudy!" He said as he handed her his plate and napkin which she then tossed at Amber.

"Would you like to swap chores with me?" Amber asked Mara.

"Why would I want to do washing when it's your turn?" She told her.

"Look. I know stuff, lots of stuff, and I know that you just need to get into that kitchen and sort it out. The guy is crazy about you," Amber said.

"No, just crazy," Mara replied.

"Then you're perfect for each other. Now, just go. I know you want to, and I've just had my nails done, so everyone wins.

"Come on, guys," my sister said as soon as Mara was gone and Sibuna could get away.

"Inside the core of my enemy's pride. Is where the final relic hides," Patricia read aloud.

"The final relic. I can't believe we're so close!" Nina said.

"Core. Core," Amber repeated over and over.

"You sound just like corbiere, Amber. Core! Core!" Patricia chuckled.

"That's it. Patricia, Amber. Genius!" I shouted.

"I know! Why?" Amber asked. Still not getting it.

"Corbiere is the pride and joy," I explained.

"Nice deduction!" She stated happily.

"So the final clue is inside corbiere?" Patricia asked.

"I think so," I shrugged. I could be wrong. But as of right now it was the only thing that made sense.