“Hey...” Venti started, giving in his best smile.

“Hi!" The woman smiled back, acting like she was okay and all.

“Ice cream?” he showed her two tubes of them, the one is cookies and cream, while the other one is ube keso. Zoe's growing love for ube has always been visible in the public. There is even some cute footage of her munching on them, and Venti knew exactly what would make her feel better.

And of course, who doesn't love cookies and cream flavor?! Everyone loves that!

The woman smiled, but it looked real this time!

They were now eating on Zoe's expensive couch, and venti was careful not to spill on it! “I saw... Selene coming out of your house...” he didn't want to invade her privacy! He was just concerned, because what the fuck happened between those two?!

Ah... We just— fought.”

“Are you alright, though?” Fuck, Venti, you're so stupid. Of course, she was not! There's literally a scandal of her going around the world and everyone's hating on her because of it, and you're gonna ask if she was okay?!

“Yeah.”

They stared at each other eye to eye, before Zoe started tearing up as she shoves ice cream in her mouth.

“No I am not okay, I don't know what to do! I can't leave my house! I can't say anything unless my manager says so! Fuck... even Xiao was getting involved in this!”

Venti caressed her back as she continue to rant about how hard it is for her to keep up, “Selene... She had always been my enemy. Ever since high school! Fuck...” who would've thought she would ever say these things... But Venti was happy that she was comfortable enough to be herself in front of him. She was crying her heart out. And Venti was the only witness of this.

“I don't know why she... Wasn't happy that this was happening to me. She hates me! But why does she cry to my own pain..?”

Okay, something's definitely going on between these two. Venti just didn't want to think too much about it because it wasn't his business.

“She has always been my rival... To everything. And I always win over her, but now that... I'm getting dragged down, she was being... Sad and crappy. Telling me what I should've done to prevent this from happening, as if she never wished for my downfall...” she continued to cry. She was in so much pain, and I don't even think it's because of the issue anymore. Her mind was being flooded by her past, and until now it haunts her down until she could not get up anymore.

“I hated her not because she acts... All lovely dovey to Xiao, or when she changes her voice while speaking to him. I hated her because it wasn't me she was doing it to.”

Venti was blown away by this. What the actual fuck is going on with the world? Everything was odd, and different from the world he expected.

“You should have been more careful!”

“Why would you even care?” Selene's tears start flowing like a waterfall, eyes staring only at Zoe.

“Huh? Tell me, Selene. For the past few years, did you ever care for me? Didn't you always want to be better than me? Here's your chance! Take it! You have bitten my knees enough to the point that I can't stand up anymore.”

“How can I defeat you when you never even wanted to play in the first place? All those years I was playing on my own, and I didn't even know. How could I ever hurt you now?!”

“I am not understanding you right now Selene... Please, just leave. I am not in the mood to talk right now.”

“All I ever wanted was to outshine you... Just so I could finally be someone you could look up to.” she rubbed her nose and wiped her tears before walking away to leave the house, almost jumping in fear when he saw the braided man from the cafe holding a paper bag.