(8) Second Meeting

Start from the beginning

"No. Are you sure you heard knocking?" Maybe I hadn't heard it although the house was old so the sound could have been something else. Well, I swore it was knocking but Doflamingo had no reason to lie to me. "I thought I did but I was half asleep... Why can't I have one of those chocolates?" He didn't look like the type who enjoyed sweets and even last night he hadn't eaten at all. "Would you like one?" The box was now resting on his lap although I almost thought this was a trick. "I am hungry"

"I suppose you could have one but I doubt this is the kind of treat you'd like" The box remained closed and I stared at it for a few seconds while deciding on what I should do. After a while, I decided I'd like to at least try one of these chocolates. "How are you so sure about that?" Within a second his smirk widened before a box was presented to me. "Fufuffu. Here try one" I moved to take one although stopped short when I saw what was in the box. "That's more li-"

"Something wrong Elizabeth?" Doflamingo was waiting for me to take one of the chocolates but how did he expect me to eat whatever those were? I mean even if this is a dream, I wasn't completely insane. "They're moving... and they're shaped like bugs" He slowly lowered the box back to his lap however kept the cover off. "Do you have a point?"

"It's almost like Harry Potter and the chocolate frogs... Are you sure I can try one?" Since this was a dream, I thought they would taste like any other chocolate. "Have you never eaten chocolate before? I'll eat half if you have the other. They taste fine and the moving is simply for effect" If he had said they were fine then I would choose to believe him. However, before I ate one, I had a few questions. "We don't have moving, bug-shaped chocolates in my world... Does everyone here eat stuff like this?"

"I'm the only person here besides you of course" As far as I was aware that had been the case however, I thought more people would live around him. However, I wasn't going to ask him any more questions right now. "That wasn't what I meant. You know what forget it. Gimme the chocolate before I change my mind"

"Quite demanding but as you wish... Make sure to chew it before swallowing I would hate for you to choke" He didn't even let me touch the chocolate as it was pushed into my mouth. I expected it to taste sweet and creamy but that wasn't at all what hit my tastebuds. Spitting it out was my first thought although I didn't want to hurt Doflamingo's feelings since he clearly enjoyed them. "Chew Elizabeth... Come on... That's it now swallows" It nearly made me throw up but somehow the chocolate had gone down. "Do you want another one?"

Never again would I be eating something so gross. "N-No, thank you" My tongue was still tingling from the weird chocolate and an aftertaste lingered although it would be rude to ask for water. I'd have to suffer for a little longer until Doflamingo offered me a drink. "Suit yourself" He went for another but this time I watched as something slimy pulled away from the other half. It wasn't regular nougat however I made the mistake of asking. "Wait, w-what kind of filling is that?"

"Fufufu. It is beetle soaked in rum" That came off his tongue so calmy but I had thought I miss heard him. "It's what?" My hands were already sweating as I waited for him to speak. I wanted him to say anything else however I already knew that wasn't going to happen. "It is beetle soaked in rum. Why are you staring at me as if you have seen a ghost?" I didn't know whether to throw up or pass out. Either way that bug was now in my stomach while Doflamingo just looked at me.

I had decided after a bit that this jerk needed to be told exactly how this wasn't right. "Y-You fed me a bug!?" His facial expression refused to change even after my tone rose and, in a way, it ticked me off. "I do not understand Elizabeth you saw firsthand what they were when I opened the box. You freely chose to taste one" Okay, I could see where he was coming from although there was no way in hell, I would have eaten one if I had known the truth. "You lied to me! You said nothing about them being real bugs!"

"No, I said the moving is by effect only. You could have asked about what they were" Alright, maybe I should have asked although I didn't think I would have to. Besides I was a bit concerned about why this man was eating bugs covered in chocolate. Sure, this was another world although eating bugs was still creepy. I couldn't exactly bring it up so I just chose to insult him in a joking manner. "Jerk" The damage was alright done, I needed to move on before things got too heated. "Fufufu. You should remember to ask for more details in the future. I am glad you came to visit though"

I would have started to glare at him but I was taken a little off guard by the fact he was happy to see me. "You are?" I could list on one hand all the people that were glad to see me so I was doubtful about this man's claim. "Of course, it has been lonely here without anyone to keep me company" That was right, he was alone here and that made me have less doubt. There was still some but we'd see how things went. "I am happy to see you too... even if you did feed me a bug, I suppose it was sort of my fault. Friends can make mistakes all the time but if anything like this happens again there's going to be hell to pay"

"When did we become friends?" He seemed shocked I had called him my friend. I didn't see why as he must have had other friends at one point. "The first time we met silly. In fact, you're my first friend in this new place. I used to have plenty but after moving I haven't heard from any of them. You might not be real although I'll enjoy this while I can"

"I am more real than you realize, Elizabeth, my Little Doll. Fufufu. What shall we do today? Pick anything and I will try to make it happen" Was that a nickname? He hadn't called me that before and I couldn't see where he had gotten the idea from. "You're little what?" I thought he'd realize it was weird although that didn't happen as the nickname was repeated. "My Little Doll. It is a fitting name do you not agree?" Maybe it had been from his view although from mine it was a bit of an insult. "I might be small but why call me a doll?"

"You are simply perfect just like a doll. Fufufu. So, what do you desire to do today?" Hearing that caused my cheeks to grow hot and if Doflamingo noticed he never made a comment about it. I turned away from him before coming up with an idea that I thought would be nice. "Do you have any yarn?" I still had my back to him so I didn't notice when his finger wrapped around a strain of my hair.

"I do, follow me" When I turned to follow, I noticed his finger unraveling from my hair but I kept my thoughts to myself. He was acting strange and a little touchy however I found it nice. Maybe I would figure him out one day or this dream would be the last time I saw him. Unfortunately, that wasn't a question I had an answer to. "I hope to see you again"

"Did you say something, my Little Doll?"

"Nope"

~~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...