soft and secure

♡♡♡

requested by GingaNinga163949 — i changed up the prompt quite a bit but i hope you still enjoy :]

Dream helps Sapnap understand that pull-ups are no big deal:)

Sapnap burrows his face in the nook of Dream's neck in an attempt to hide away from what is about to happen. He has managed to avoid pull-ups up until now, but that is about to change.

A warm hand strokes his back in a steady motion, up and down. "I know you're not so excited about this, honey. But it's best we do it anyway, alright?"

All he can do is let out a whine and shake his head. The idea of a pull-up makes him want to curl up into a ball and never see the light of day again. On the other hand, he knows a pull-up would help him relax more, and relieve him of the fear of having an accident – especially when he's as young as he feels, or is quickly slipping to, right now.

"I'll be so quick, okay? Just a few seconds and we're all done. I promise, baby."

Sapnap sniffles and adjusts his head a little. "How many?"

He can feel Dream's neck vibrate as he lets out a thoughtful hum, hand still rubbing his back. "How many seconds? Let's say... twenty."

Twenty... Sapnap gives the number a few seconds of consideration – does it feel like a lot?

It's not long before he snuggles even closer into the warmth. "Too many," he mumbles.

Dream gives him a little squeeze. "Come on, Pandas. It'll be over even quicker if you work with me a little," he urges softly. "The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can start the movie, remember?"

Sapnap blinks a couple of times as the words register, his eyelashes wet with tears. He does really want to watch that movie...

"And George is waiting for us downstairs," Dream adds temptingly, and that does it. The thought of getting to crawl into George's arms and watch his favorite movie from there finally convinces him.

"'Kay but... 'member to be really quick."

Dream sighs and kisses his head "Thank you, Pandas. I'll be really, really quick. Ready?"

Sapnap gives the tiniest nod.

Expert hands make quick work of helping Sapnap out of his shorts before holding the pull-up stretched out by his feet for him to step into. "One foot..." Dream guides him, "and two. Nice job!" The soft, papery material gets slid up his legs and adjusted around his tummy to fit comfortably.

Their eyes meet again. "Good?" Dream asks, just to make sure.

"Mhm." Sapnap gives a small nod, twisting his fingers in the neckline of Dream's t-shirt.

"Yeah?" Dream asks again, smiling now, which makes Sapnap blush and push his face into the shoulder in front of him to hide.

He can't help but be bashful about the whole ordeal, but most of all he feels happy to have done it. There is much less to worry about now, and it wasn't actually as bad as he had feared. Truthfully, he doesn't mind the plush feeling of the pull-up at all.

Dream starts stroking his back again, leaning his chin on his shoulder. "All done now. Thank you for trusting me."

"Mmm," Sapnap hums in reply, untucking his face again.

Dream copies his hum and bumps their foreheads together, which makes Sapnap break into a big smile.

"Alright cutie," Dream leans back and pats his waist. "I think Spider-Man is waiting for us downstairs, don't you?"

The mention of the movie sitting paused on the TV makes Sapnap smile a little, he's been looking forward to watching it with his friends all day. He nods against Dream's chest.

"An' George is waiting!"

"You're right! There are two people waiting for us," Dream smiles. "Ready to go?"

Sapnap responds with another giggly nod, feeling very ready.

"Alright then, let's go find them."

623 words

♡♡♡