pandas loves hugs

♡♡♡

Of hugs, spaghetti, and superhero movies.

Sapnap has never been very big on hugs, or any other forms of physical affection for that matter. Sure, he can deal with the rare loving squeeze from his mom and a friendly pat on the back from friends every now and again, but he would never think to seek out that kind of touch.

He just likes to keep a distance, is all, have a little bubble of personal space around himself that's only his.

All of that changes completely whenever he regresses, though.

Little him loves hugs.

He can't get enough of cuddles, and forehead kisses, and holding hands, and sharing a bed– basically all the things big Sapnap hates.

And because that's so different from how he usually acts, Dream and George (his best friends, roommates, and caregivers) can easily figure out if he's in his headspace or not based on how eager he is for a hug.

The telltale sign often comes in handy because Sapnap is rarely very verbal when small, and most of the time he just wants to take a nap in his caregivers' arms or chill in their room with them while they work.

In other words, he's definitely not a fussy baby.

...

Today has been a long and tiring day for Sapnap, one that causes him to slip the moment he shuts his monitors off for the evening. His little mind is instantly craving comfort, for warm arms to hold him close and a smooth voice to wash away all the stress in his body.

Tired feet carry him down the steep (slightly scary) stairs, taking him instinctively to the kitchen where he can hear soft sounds of music and whirring from the stove fan.

Dream is in there, standing by the stove with his back to the door and stirring in what Sapnap faintly assumes to be a steaming pot. Pasta maybe? He hopes it's pasta.

Without a word, he shuffles over and slides himself into the blond's arms, pushing his face into a broad chest with a huff. An arm wraps around him right away and he feels a little kiss on the top of his head.

"You good, Pandas?" Dream asks softly, still stirring the pot with his free hand.

Sapnap nods as best he can, feeling his mind drift to an even younger age at the nickname.

"Dinner is almost done," he hears quietly. "I made your favorite∼"

That gives him a little more pep in his step– "Spaghetti?" He questions, still pressed into Dream's warm hoodie.

Dream rubs his back, "Mhm, isn't that good news?"

"Thank you," Sapnap replies, giving the blond a tight squeeze around his middle to show how much he means it. He was right– it is pasta!

"You're very welcome, honey. Now, how about you go find George and tell him that dinner is ready in five minutes, can you do that for me?"

Sapnap nods again, he can definitely do that.

"Good boy. Then you two can just wait on the sofa, okay? Maybe you can help find a movie you'd like to watch?" Dream continues, slightly urging Sapnap out from his grasp to get him going.

Sapnap leans back and rubs his eyes with the sweater paws that have bunched up around his hands. "Otay, I can do it," he mumbles, and after a quick ruffle of his hair from Dream (and a little giggle from them both), he beelines for the living room.

...

George is sitting on the floor in front of the TV replugging what looks to be the Apple TV box and the Nintendo Switch. Sapnap doesn't really have the mind to figure it out exactly, but he knows George is really good with wires and tech.

"Dinner is weady in five min'es," he mumbles from the doorway, repeating what Dream told him to say. "An' we can wait on de couch an' find a movie to watch."

The sound of his voice makes George look up and meet his gaze with a smile. "Hi Sappy, thank you for telling me. Do you wanna go sit on the couch together?"

Sapnap nods and walks toward the plush pillows with dragging steps, tucking both hands in his hoodie's front pocket to make himself as small as he feels.

George stands from the floor after tucking away all the cords from whatever he was doing and sits back on the long end, arms open for Sapnap to climb into. Which he does without a word, settling against George's safe chest with a soft sigh.

A hand begins to rub circles on his back. "What would you like to watch, darling?" George asks gently, words slightly muffled in light brown hair.

Sapnap turns his head slightly so he can see the TV, now lit up and showing the colorful Disney+ catalog. George scrolls down it slowly with the remote in his free hand– there are so many to choose from!

"I t'ink..." he trails off, "maybe Marvel movie?"

"Ooh, good choice!" George agrees, clicking quicker than Sapnap can keep up into the Marvel category. "Do you want Avengers?"

Sapnap just nods, honestly happy to watch any of them. He's seen all the movies before, but they're such a great comfort to him that he doesn't mind watching them again and again.

Luckily, his friends don't mind either.

"Alright, let's go with the first one, yeah?"

Another nod. George clicks on it and soon enough the beginning starts to play.

Sapnap stirs a bit and tries reaching for the remote. "We gotta wait for Dream," he says worriedly, "He's gonna miss it!"

George presses pause right away and holds the boy a little tighter, hushing him softly. "It's okay, I've paused it now. Dream won't miss a thing, I promise." He continues his gentle back rubs to soothe even further.

Sapnap settles down with another sigh, sinking into George's arms. "Is otay now," he mumbles, crises averted.

As if on cue, Dream walks in with three bowls of piping hot spaghetti balanced in his arms, plus three cans of Sprite (their collective favorite soda).

"The chef has arrived," George comments, earning a scoff from Dream and a little smile from Sapnap.

"Alright, Pandas gets his first," Dream hands him his bowl, topped with fresh parmesan, just how he likes it.

Sapnap takes it gratefully, muttering a shy "Thank you," before crawling over to sit next to George instead of on top of him. That wouldn't be such a smart position for eating messy pasta, he thinks.

Once they all have their bowls and Sapnap is sitting safely and perfectly squished between his two favorite people, the movie can finally begin.

And it's with a happy belly and warm arms wrapped around him that Sapnap falls asleep that night, dreaming dreams of Iron Man and Black Widow, and of his bestest friends (who are honestly much cooler than any superheroes).

1150 words

i hope u enjoyed:)) little sapnap my beloved

♡♡♡