"He's going to be pissed when he finds out you're doing this."

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "I know. That's why he can't find out."

"So when you go to prison, you're hoping he won't find out?" I nodded. "He will find out."

"Just not now." I started to smile. "Take off the hack and I'll open the file tonight."

"What happens when Luke notices that you're gone?"

"Enough with the questions already," I snapped. "I get it, he'll find out. But he won't tonight. Tonight's prom and he'll be surrounded by a lot of people."

"He'll notice you sneaked off."

"That's why I need a distraction."

Who could distract Luke for me? I need someone who's loud and a major distraction. Vance! Vance is the most distracting person I've met.

He rolled his eyes and started taking off the hack. "Speaking of prom. Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"Yeah, I'll get ready at three. Piper's helping me with my look for tonight."

"It's three-fifteen."

My eyes widened and I pulled out my phone. He was right, I'm fifteen minutes late. "Damn it!"

"I can drop you there."

"Don't you have to get ready?" I asked, taking the tumb drive out.

He shrugged. "Does it matter if I go or not?"

"She hasn't talked to you yet?" This wasn't like Lulu. This wasn't like any of us in my family, besides mom. They usually forgive the person they're mad at the day after, depending on the situation. Lulu's never been mad at someone for more than a few days.

"I saw her with Max today, I think he's taking her tonight."

"Didn't you ask her to be your date?"

"Yeah, but how can I go with someone who can't stand being around me at the moment?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, just show up to her house with all that sappy shit normal girls like, then take her to prom. Simple."

"Easier said than done," he muttered.

"Where did you see them, anyway?" I asked, shoving my phone and thumb drive in my pocket.

"At Wendy's."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you going drop me off or not?" I asked, getting away from the conversation.

"Yeah," he said getting up and grabbing his keys.

I rushed to get inside Piper's house. She got mad because I was late and she was almost done with her hair. She sat me in front of her vanity when she was done and starter curling my hair. I couldn't keep still when she was applying makeup. It feels weird and I constantly touch my face, so I don't know how I'm going to look at the end of tonight.

"Stop touching it," she said, looking at me through the mirror.

I'm currently sitting in her bed and trying to get some of the clumps of mascara off. "It's bothering me," I complained.

She rolled her eyes and started to apply eyeliner on herself. She curled my hair to half-up-half-down style. We spent an hour getting ready me ready and thirty minutes to get Piper ready. I didn't have heels, or flats, or sandals to wear, but her mom has shoes I could fit. Here I thought I could wear my boots.

"You look gorgeous," Piper beamed.

"Can we just go?" I asked impatiently.

"Pictures first," Mr. Lee said, shaking the camera.