Chapter 95: Mother Has Spoken

Depuis le début

"So you got it all under control?" he questions. "Yeah. I do," the blonde confirms. "Just like you had Kreese under control, right?" Daniel accusingly mentions. Just one break, Rosalía internally begs as she glances up at the sky. Meanwhile, Johnny just looks offended. "What did you think would happen when you summoned that devil back to Earth?" the dark-haired man proceeds. "Kreese is my problem," the blonde states. "Not anymore. He's made it crystal clear that he is everyone's problem," Daniel counteracts.

Johnny glances at the woman, who slightly tilts her head and grimaces in agreement with her husband's statement. "As usual, I'm gonna have to be the one that's gonna clean up your mess," Daniel tiredly claims. Este hombre [this man], his wife thinks, annoyed. "Daniel, don't," she warns when Johnny suddenly speaks up. "I clean up my own messes," he retorts as he menacingly steps toward the other man. He stops on Daniel's right, making the tan man turn his body to face him. "And I'm dealing with it," he adds as he stands right in front of him.

"And how exactly are you dealing with it? What are you gonna do, barge in there and beat him up? That worked out really great at the chop shop," Daniel sardonically retaliates. "Yeah, those guys deserved it," Johnny counters. "That's your problem, Johnny. Your whole life you've been striking first. You never once considered that maybe you should think first," the other man claims. Johnny takes a menacing step closer. "Know what I'm thinking now?" he voices. Daniel nods and narrows his eyes as he sarcastically replies, "yeah, I got a pretty good idea."

Rosalía huffs when she notices their staredown. "Okay, enough," she commands as she gets in between both men, pushing them apart. A stone-cold expression forms on her face as she looks between them. "We are here for Robby and you two are making this about yourselves," she sternly voices. Both men glance at her for a second before training their eyes back on each other. "Honestly, what is this need to jump at each other's throats every time you see each other?? It gets more annoying with time, trust me," she adds.

"So can we please put this boorish and quite frankly– exhausting pissing contest on hold just for today??" the woman exasperatedly queries as she gives the men strict looks. They remain quiet as they stare at each other before finally dropping their defensive stances. Rosalía releases a small breath of relief. "Thank you," she mutters before directing her gaze to the blonde man. "Look, Johnny..." she commences, making the blonde tear his eyes away from Daniel to look at her.

"Robby is your son. So if he goes with you, that's perfect. But if he refuses and there's nothing you can do to convince him, just know that he'll always have a home with us, with me," she tells the man. Johnny gazes at her reassuring face for a few seconds as he thinks about her words. He doesn't like the thought of his son living with Daniel again. "If he decides to come with us, I won't let him go astray," the woman assures him. Johnny quickly glances at her husband before meeting her eyes again. The determination and sincerity in them are enough to persuade him.

His face softens and he lightly nods. "Okay," he whispers. "Okay," Rosalía whispers back, nodding along. Daniel rolls his eyes, taking note of the shift in the blonde's attitude. "Of course you listen to her," he says under his breath. Rosalía's eyes slightly widen and she sharply turns her head to him, mouthing, "stop it." Meanwhile, Johnny narrows his eyes at the tan man. "What'd you say?" he curtly asks. Daniel shrugs and shakes his head, pretending to be casual.

"No, it's just that all she has to do is look at you and you immediately fall to your knees," he aggravatedly mentions. "Okay, Daniel, this is not the right time for that," his wife reprimands him. Johnny takes a step closer to the man as he glares at him. "I don't fall to my knees for anyone. And she's actually possible to have a conversation with, unlike other people," he retaliates. The tan man scoffs and nods his head in false amusement. "Right, right," he dryly chuckles.