Chapter seventeen: I'll try... for you.

Lira sighed in relief as it started to get warmer, taking her jacket off and tying it around her waist. Then the Riverman spoke.

"Tra la la..."

"Beware the man who speaks in hands."

Lira tilted head. "Who? Who are talking about?" Lira asked, but they said no more as they reached their destination. She bent down, grabbing the book she hopped off of the raft, starting to sweat a little from how hot it was.

"Thank you..." She turned around to see the Riverman was already gone, and she felt as if she was being watched.

Lira made her way through HotLand, feeling someone's eyes on her, she then heard something... Or someone. It was distorted and she couldn't make out what it was saying.

"👍✌☠️🔯🏳☟☜✌☼︎ 💣︎☜︎✍︎"
(I hope I wrote this correctly— it took me around an hour to figure out how to copy and paste - Author)

*CAN YOU HEAR ME?*

Lira looked over her shoulder. "Um.. Hello...?" Lira called out, looking around to see if there was anyone. "Is anyone there?" Lira asked.

"✋ 🕈︎✋☹︎☹︎❄✌😐☜︎ ❄☟︎✌❄ ✌💧✌ 🔯☜︎💧📬👍✌☠️ 🔯⚐︎🕆︎ 🕆︎☠️👎☜︎☼︎💧❄✌☠️👎 💣︎☜︎✍"

*I WILL TAKE THAT AS A YES. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND ME?*

Lira shook her head, and took a deep breath. "I'm... I'm just hearing things.." Lira muttered, ignoring any other.. Sounds she hears on the way home.

Once she makes it, she quietly enters, first going into the living/dining room she sees a note on the table. She picks it up with her free hand, reading the contents.

Dear Lira,

There is some left over pie in the fridge if you are hungry and I hope you found what you were looking for at the Library

Love Toriel.

Lira smiled, placing the note back on the table...

She truthfully Wasn't that hungry, so I she went back to her room to be greeted by Flowey. "What took you so long!?" He whisper yells, being nice enough to try and keep his voice down for Frisk, who was sleeping. She placed the book she had on a desk.

"Sorry.. I got carried away..." Lira apologized, taking off her coat and throwing it into a chest while also grabbing a grey sweater and some black shorts, along with some black socks...

She wasn't a fan of colors... If you asked what was her favorite color, she'd respond with black or white, or even grey. But if she had to choose an actual color, it'd be yellow. Even before she met Flowey, she always liked it more than the rest, and it was the only bright color she actually liked.

She looked at Flowey, seeing he has already turned around.. She started to change.

Once she was finished she layed down on her bed, grabbing Floweys pot, putting him on her chest.. Sure the pot was kinda uncomfortable and heavy, but it wasn't the worst.

She started to pet Flowey, he hummed, leaning into the touch, she chuckled. He's such a fucking cat and you can't change Lira's (Or mine) mind.

Flowey was the first to break the calming and peaceful silence. "Lira..? Can you promise me something?" He asked. He knew that Frisk would probably going to reset soon but if not, he wants to be sure.

"Sure."

"Can.. Can you promise... Not to leave me?" He asked, Lira looked at his surprised before laughing, making his face flush. "Of course Flowey... I'll never leave you... If you never leave me, I promise."

"Pinky promise?" He asked. "Pinky promise." Lira confirmed, holding out her pinky, Flowey took it with his leaf.

Lira gave him a smile, taking her hand back before petting Flowey again. Flowey couldn't help but give a small genuine smile back.

Her smile is contagious.

Lira's smile grew, she closed her eyes before muttering,

"You should smile more, Flowey..."

Lora couldn't see it but, red blush covered his cheeks. He shook his head, as if trying to shake the blush off and smiled again before whispering,

"I'll try..."

For you.