04. The Big Empty

Começar do início

"Yeah, maybe."

Jack paused the video. "So Jayci and I can be your "interdimensional can openers"?" Sam sighed deeply. "You're using us."

Sam sighed. "Jack, Jayci... when you two were born, it ripped a hole in reality. Like a — like a door from this world to another, to a... a really bad, bad place. So — so Dean and Cas, and I, we — we closed that door. But... my mom, Mary, she's trapped on the other side." Jack and Jayci looked at Sam. "If we can get your powers back, maybe we can open that door up. Maybe..."

"You wanna save her."

"Yeah. Yeah, I do. But... if this doesn't work, if that can't happen, that's okay, because I do care about you. But we should've told you. I'm sorry. It's a lot and, uh..."

Jayci frowned. "Dean can't even look at us. He wants to kill us."

Sam offered a small smile. "I won't let that happen. Listen, if there's one thing that Dean respects, it's effort. So come along. Help us out. Let's go be the good guys."

Jack and Jayci shared a look and smiled.

MADISON, WISCONSIN - BAILEY'S HOUSE – DAY

Dean, Sam, Jayci and Jack parked outside the house.

Jack and Jayci were looking at Dean and Sam's fake FBI badges.

"Agent Bonham, Agent Seger, Agent Mitchell, Agent Mac, Special Agent Anderson — these are you?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, sometimes," Sam said.

"I thought lying was wrong."

"All right, here we go. Victim, Wes Bailey. His wife, Erica, died six months ago. Heart thing, out of the blue. Uh, question is, why'd she come back from the dead and knife his ass?" Dean wondered.

"People come back?" Jayci questioned.

"When a person dies and their soul can't move on..." Sam was cut off.

Dean interrupted. "They're called ghosts. And hanging around makes them go loony tunes. Uh, they go crazy."

"Yeah, question is, since when do ghosts kill somebody and walk out the front door?"

"So maybe it's a revenant."

"Wait. What's a revenant?" Jack asked.

"A revenant's more like a — a zombie," Kennedy explained as she unbuckled Nadia.

"Hey, there's our witness," Dean noted.

The Baileys' neighbor was watering her plants.

"Jack, Jayci, we're gonna talk to the witness, check out the crime scene," Sam told them.

Sam and Dean got out of the car. Dean leaned into the car window, where Jack and Jayci were sitting. "You two stay. Sit."

"Now, you're sure it was his wife?" Sam asked the neighbor.

"I've lived next to Erica for six years. I watered her plants every time she and Wes took a vacation," the neighbor replied.

Jack and Jayci were staring intently at them from the car.

"What about that night? You notice anything else? Maybe, uh, flickering lights, cold spots?" Sam asked.

"I... I think a street light did flicker. M-Maybe."

Dean noticed that Jack and Jayci were gone. "We got a couple runners."

Sam said to the woman, "Thank you."

They headed toward Bailey's house.

BAILEY'S HOUSE – KITCHEN

Jack and Jayci knelt beside the pool of blood left by Wes Bailey.