"We don't know anything else, except that Rufus is after Joy's dad for some reason and that's why she's gone into hiding. But you told us that," my sister said.

"Victor, delivery!" Trudy called out.

"Get out of here," Victor demanded. We both rushed down the stairs.

"You all right?" Fabian asked.

"Yeah, we're fine. Just trying to shake the Victor off of us," Nina said to everyone who was gathered in the hall and had watched as Victor received a large package. We headed back to the table and sat down.

"So what's he got in the box?" Amber asked.

"Something for the ceremony maybe," Fabian suggested.

"What box? What ceremony?" Jerome asked from behind me.

"None of your business," Patricia quickly said.

"Alfie," Jerome prompted as I did my best to avoid lookin over my shoulder at him.

"Um Victor's got a box And...and...and I said that maybe he's trying to build himself a robot girlfriend. And then and then get married. Right?" Alfie chuckled as we did our best to laugh along with him. Jerome was clearly not buying it though.

"Fine. Keep your secrets. I could not care less," Jerome huffed as he walked out.

*****

"Amber, what's with the huge bag?" Fabian whispered as we met up that night.

"Supplies for our stakeout, in case of an emergency," she answered.

"Where's Victor?" Nina asked.

"We don't know," replied Fabian.

"What if he's already down there?" Alfie worried.

"I don't know if I want to do this, guys," Amber exclaimed. I hissed as my arm heated up yet again and suddenly the passage opened up. "Okay, I'm certain I don't want to do this," Amber said a little too loud.

"Shh. It's the house. It's the house, guys. It's okay. It's telling us it's safe to go down there," Nina told everyone.

"I hate it when the house talks," Amber complained. Seeing as it usually meant my arm band nearly burning my skin off I had to agree with her on that one!

"Okay, let's do it," Fabian stated.

"I'm gonna stay here. There's something I have to do," said Patricia.

"Joy?" Nina asked. Patricia nodded.

"Sibuna," we all said at the same time.

"Okay, over here," Fabian whispered to us as he gestured to a little alcove where we could hide during the ceremony.

"It's cold," Alfie commented as we all sat down. "Thank you," he added to Amber who dug in her bag and pulled out a blanket for him.

"Anyone else?" She asked.

"Actually, yeah," I said as she handed me one as well.

"See? The bag wasn't such a bad idea after all.
Nina?" asked Amber pulling out a bright red one.

"Oh, no, thanks. The red's too bright. They'll see us. I'm fine," Nina said.

"You can use this if you want to," Fabian suggested as he motioned over for her to share his blanket. Go Fabina! I grinned as they snuggled up.

"Time to become a full member of this society, Jason," we heard Victor say as we peered out at them from our hiding spot.

"You already know about the elixir of life," Mrs. Andrews said.

"Brewed by Victor's father. To slow down the aging process, yes," Mr. Winkler replied.

"I am living proof. How old do you think I am, Jason? 95 years of age. I am 95," Victor said.

"You look amazing for 95," Mr. Winkler told the man.

"It is a potent beverage, yes. But unfortunately, this is all we have left," Victor held up a bottle.

"Sadly, Victor's father had an accident before he could pass on the secret," said Mrs. Andrews.

"Victor's tried many times over the years to replicate his father's recipe, but he has, alas, been unable to do so," Mr. Sweet said.

"None of that will matter soon. Once we unite the Ankh with the chosen one, we shall no longer need elixir. We can tip the scales of life and all become truly immortal," Victor stated.

"Legend has it that when the elixir of life is drunk from the Ankh," another man said.

"That's Joy's dad!" Alfie whispered to us.

"The person drinking from the cup attains immortality," he finished saying.

"And one day very soon, we shall achieve this," Vitor told Mr. Winkler as they all started chanting.

"Welcome, new novice, we deliver you from the valley of the dead to the mountain of eternal life," Victor declared as he reached into the box he had received earlier and pulled out a snake and did something with it before putting it back and lifting up a skull that he then drank from.

"Yuck!" Amber exclaimed and we all ducked back.

"What was that?" One of the men asked.