Chapter 20: Eret

***Guess what time it is??? UPDATE TIME! YAYYYYYYY!! xD***

Hiccup's POV:

"What are we going to do?" Emma paced along the cove where all of us sat.

"Well, Gobber kind of backed us into a corner-"

"Backed... into corner?" Emma asked, confused. I chuckled.

"Sorry, I guess you wouldn't have heard that phrase before... It's a figure of speech, it means that Gobber kind of... Made it difficult for us. He put us in a situation that is hard to find a cure for-backed us into a corner," I explained. Emma balanced on the rocks, hopping from one to the other on one foot, with child-like amusement.

"Anyways, you can't exactly show up, it would be too dangerous. There's nothing we can do about your eye color, and your hair and markings on your arm are pretty difficult to disguise... But if you don't go, the whole town will come looking for you, and purple footsteps aren't exactly 'subtle'..." I tossed my hands around as I spoke.

"Well, obviously, there is only one solution." Snotlout marched forward. "We all leave and never return. Problem solved." He folded his arms, a smug smile on his face. We all glared at him.

"OH! Maybe Ruffnut will get lost! That would be awesome." Tuffnut swooned.

"Guys!" I groaned at Tuff and Snot, banging my head against the table. I really don't think I can take their stupidity any more.

"We just have to keep Emma hidden outside in one place.. but there's another problem... We can't be with her. Gobber is looking for anyone who isn't at that meeting, and of we're missing, he will get suspicious. But at the same time, we can't just leave Emma alone; while she is capable of defending herself, she could hurt someone in the process. She would be dangerous if someone found her." Emma flinched at my words as if I had just slapped her in the face. "Oh-uh, Emma, I didn't mean it that way-"

"No, Hiccup, I think that's exactly the way you meant it." Wiping a tear from her face, Emma got up ran in the opposite direction, leaving the cove.

"Emma, wait!" I called after her.

She turned around and with the wave of her hand, a light blast of pressure forced us to the ground. "Don't follow me!" she sobbed. She glanced back apologetically. I knew that she didn't mean to push us down. She bit her lip before disappearing into the forest.

******************************************************

Emma's POV:

Hiccups words slammed into me like a wall of bricks. They stung and burned and seared into me. Four words echoed in my head: Hiccup doesn't trust me.

Hiccup noticed my expression. He ran a hand through his hair, before stammering, "Oh-uh, Emma, I didn't mean it that way-"

I cut him off. "No, Hiccup, I think that's exactly the way you meant it." Hiccup called me dangerous. I thought he believed that I wouldn't ever hurt anyone on purpose. I stood up and ran up the path that leads out of the cove. I heard Hiccup call my name, but I ignored him.

I flicked my wrist, yelling, "Don't follow me!" and to my horror, a blast of my powers shoved them to the ground. I gasped and cupped a hand to my mouth. I could have hurt them. Tears streaming down my face, I gave one last look before running into the woods. The emerald trees swayed, as the wind tugged at my hair. The cloth covering my birthmark flew off, but I didn't even glance back at it. I just kept walking. The strip of fabric holding my braid together was ripped out of my hair, and my braid slowly fell apart. My waist-length purple tinted hair cascaded down my back, and I didn't even care that the purple was showing. I heard the ground under me make a soft crackling sound-my footsteps were scorching it. But I didn't even care.