Chapter 46B - Cordova

Start from the beginning

"How long have you been lying to me?"

"About all of this? I saw what you did, you're fast," I remark sternly.

"Maybe my whole life," she smiles and gently taps my back, "I told you to rest, don't waste your energy trying to change what is, Rafa. Please, magpahinga ka na, malayo pa ang lalakbayin natin."

If she's Xiomara Morgana and she's taken hostage Red, I'd like to understand exactly what else she's trying to hide from me and what her immediate plans are.

"Fuck.."

The night fell, I though it was just the two of us in this island, but I misunderstood. She has men tramping outside the towering gates and fence posts that encompass the house. How is this possible? Where does she get her money and control to do all this?

I forced myself to leave the house no matter how much my body couldn't handle it. I didn't know what I did why I feel so sick, my body was depleted.

I nearly got caught by a guard who walked in the gate, so I hid behind the pole.

My heart almost stopped when someone snagged my shoulder.

"Professor Cordova!" her eyes shift to my shaky hands, "Let's get out of here."

"N-no..stop.." fear embedded through my voice.

"Ma'am we should leave before they catch us-"

"Get off me!" sa takot na baka kasabwat siya ni Chanel, natatakot na akong magtiwala pa.

"I'm Ezra's friend, Jazzver Robles."

"I know," I step backwards, "How did you know I'm here? Where I am?"

"I'm afraid we don't have time for this, but I know this place so don't worry," she looks around, "Gusto sana kitang kausapin kagabi dahil sa mga nalaman namin tungkol kay Xiomara, sinundan kita hanggang sa isang maliit na beach house pero hindi natuloy dahil maraming bantay hanggang sa kinaladkad ka na lang nilang walang malay at ipinasok sa isang barko. Sinundan ko sila, hindi naging madali dahil maraming nangyari, nasa isang isla ka ngayon! Ang akala nina Ezra, nasa panibagong symposium ka!"

She mentioned Xiomara Morgana..

"Xiomara, who is she? Is she working with Chanel? Siya ba si Daisey Clark? Who's that stalker?" I hate my head recently, I tend to overthink like crazy.

"Ipapaliwanag ko mamaya, sa ngayon umalis na tayo rito," she exhales uneasily. Hindi siya nagulat nang banggitin ko ulit ang pangalan ni Chanel, baka nakita niya kami kanina before the night fell, at ang pagpatay nito sa isang bantay sa mismong harapan ko na parang hayop.

"Jazzver I can't," I'm scared after leaving this place hindi ko na makita si Red kahit kailan, I'm not also sure if my sister and parents are doing fine! Chanel wants to hurt Ezra too! She has plans that I need to know about first so that I can prevent and respond to everything!

"Professor Cordova, you don't look fine. Are you bleeding out? Mamumutla ka yata, madilim dito but I'm sure you're not feeling well, your skin is freezing too," she checks over my hands, head, neck, and shoulder as if I'm badly sick. "Tangina naman, they're here, we should go now!"

We both hid on a further pole near some trees, there's a flashlight approached our previous spot.

"Jazzver.." I push her to leave me. My heart is aching for the next words I say, "Chanel wants me to kill Ezra. I have a date with her this coming saturday and she wants me to do the deed there."

"I know ma'am, kaya kailangan na nating umalis!"

"How did you know?" nalilito ako.

"Si Xiomara, sinabi niya sa 'kin ang lahat. Do you remember the red pocketknife you took from her in the library? Sa kanya galing 'yun. It's a device tracker, your conversation with Chanel about killing Ezra was also recorded through it."