Chapter 10 - Sweet Off Feet

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

"Thank you for breaking your own rule for me tonight, ma'am.."

I resumed, "More chances to break those rules ma'am, para more free passes din for me.."

I let out a small chuckle when she tapped her other cold palm against my warm cheek, she mutters, "Let's go home."

"Professor Cordova, your place or mine?" I grinned from ear to ear after she pushed me inside the cab; medyo nahilo ako ro'n. I insisted driving the motorbike, but she didn't want me to.

"Veneracion you'll go into your place and I'll go into mine," she said without looking at me, nakatingin siya sa bintana.

Mas pinili kong hindi matulog buong oras ng byahe hangga't sa makarating kami sa bahay. Binayaran ko agad 'yung pamasahe bago pa siya makahugot ng bills sa black wallet niya.

Feeling dizzy, I held my heavy head and faced her.

When she just gazed through our gate, I could see a hesitancy in her eyes, so I inquired, "Ma'am? You're not coming in?"

"Nakauwi ka na, that's what matters."

"Thank you," mahina kong saad pagkatapos kong tumango.

Now that she's breaking her own rules, bakit hindi pa niya sagarin hanggang sa loob ng bahay? I frowned at the thought of it, just before I lost my balance again, she grumbled under her breath in surrender, leaving her no choice but to exit the cab and follow me.

Kailangan ko siyang lingunin ulit dahil tumigil na naman siya sa paglalakad, she looks like about to turn back any minute now. Hindi naman kami sa impyerno papasok?

"What's wrong, ma'am? Don't worry walang mga dinosaurs sa loob, hindi pa naman meet the parents ganap natin ngayon. I'll introduce you to them better soon," maloko kong sabi. "As my favorite professor.."

She shrugged, her expression scowling, "Right, you're just one of my students out there and I don't even know why I'm here in the first place."

"I need someone inside to cook for me-"

"Seriously, Veneracion? Nakakapaglakad ka pa naman, it's not like you were paralyzed or something," hindi makapaniwala niyang sabi. "And excuse me, I am your Professor not your maid."

She goes on saying I look like I'm about to pass out, and I believe her because I feel like floating. Hinigop 'yata ng tubig lahat ng lakas ko tapos hindi lang ako mananalo bandang huli. That sucks right..

Nasa likod ko lang siya, nag-aabang kung matutumba ako or what na parang isang lasing. Nang maihatid niya ako sa loob ng bahay ay walang anuma'y sumalampak ako sa couch sa pagod, hindi ko na nagawang umakyat ng room. I fucking need a rest.

My sister and parents are presumably busy and out of the house, which is why we didn't see anyone inside when we arrived. Cash has her own condo na madalas niyang uwian, 'yung mga magulang ko naman kulang na lang sa kanya-kanyang office sila matulog if wala silang business to attend outside the country.

As the haze of drowsiness overtakes me, the last thing I remember her doing before she leaves is also the same thing I did to their house before, peering at our family frames of photographs, wall displays, and paintings, the most of which were created by Cash.

I awoke from that nap feeling much worse than I had kanina. I thought sleeping would help me with my muscle pain and headaches but I was wrong, lumala pa nga.

Grumbling, I strolled through the kitchen, yawning and sluggishly trying to get a bottle of water from the chiller. Habag naglalagok ako ng tubig ay nakuha ng pansin ko 'yung lamesang puno ng bagong lutobg mga pagkain.