The Seawitch's Regret (24)

Start from the beginning

She looked at me in shock.  Levy shook her head and mouthed, 'That's absurd,' she got out the paper.

'I'm so upset.  I'm mad that he decided to do that to us.  Besides everything he said was lies.  And their rules about what is normal is not even right,' she gave me a look.

I sighed, "I was going to kill Lucino in your place." I sighed resting my hand to my forehead.

Levy's eyes widened and she frowned, 'I said I didn't want to do it and I don't want you to do it either!  Nobody should die for me!' she looked mad.

I stared up at the ceiling, "It doesn't matter anymore.  I failed anyways.  I killed the wrong person and then Lucino caught me." I shut my eyes, "I failed Laiken."

Levy turned to me in surprised, 'My brother?' She mouthed.

"Yeah, you know how I said I saw him and Lysandria?" I nodded, "Well I found a spell that would allow me to do it instead.  I had to use his blood and something he or Lysandria in this case cherished."

She stared at me and lowered her head.  'What was the spell?'

I turned towards her, "Then I made this knife and it could save you," I smiled weakly.

Levy's eyes softened.

I turned away, "It doesn't matter anymore though.  It's hopeless.  I'm sorry for everything." Were the only words I said.  "It's my fault I gave you this spell... curse just because you said you loved him." I couldn't tell but I hope I didn't sound too bitter.

My thoughts that consumed me were obviously bitter about the entire situation that she choose him that day instead of me.

Levy stared at me as she mouthed, 'I don't love him.'

I stared at her wide eyes, "What?!"

She lowered her head, 'At one point I thought I did but...' She wrote, 'That wasn't love.  It was desire.  I just wanted to see the world up here, you see.  And honestly the truth is I re-'

However before I could read it, someone came in.

It was Zestrella.

I stared at her.

"Why are you here?" I asked at once, "I don't care what happens to me, you must leave."

She shook her head, "I can't.  Not only are you being threatened but many others that are just you and I are."

I frowned, "IF YOU STAY SHE WILL DIE!" I screamed in exclamation, making my throat hurt more.  "I will kill you myself..."

Zestrella took a step back, "H-how?  Look I don't exactly understand but it seems like there is more than that.... that meets the eyes" We exchanged glances, but said nothing.

I stared at Zestrella, "I can't really hear anything you say.  I just know how to read everyone's lips.  I guess you can say... I'm used to that," I shrugged referring to what people think my purpose is here.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Wait really?!" Her eyes widened, "I would have never guessed, thought I supposed now that I think about it some of the pronunciation of certain words are off."

"Stupid fire and stupid explosion screwed up my hearing.  The abyss..." I muttered just above my breath.

"Levy do you know where my book is?" I just thought of something that might be able to fix it.

Levy looked confused as she stared at Zestrella.  She shook her head and mouthed, 'But she is right there.  I don't know if we should do anything when she is there.'