Level Up

Something chittering. Birds? Yeah, birds. A ray of sun fell upon my face, causing me to cover my eyes. I didn't feel like getting up yet, in fact, I couldn't.
Hunter was asleep beside me, his arms around me and his grip tight. He held me close and wouldn't let got, watched me burn, in this hospital for souls. I kissed the tip of his nose while he slept, and watched his eyes slowly flutter open.
He sat up, his blanket sliding off his body. He was shirtless. Fuck. "Good morning.. It's morning, right?" Hunter yawned, letting me go and stretching his arms. I nodded, laying my head in his lap.
I was still fully dressed and I don't remember seeing him take of his shirt, I definitely would've. Hunter must've taken it off after I had fallen asleep.
Hunter smiled down at me, running his hands through my hair. I didn't want to get up yet, or ever if he kept doing that.
There was a knock on the door a little bit later. It was his mom. "I made you two some breakfast, it's on the counter if you want it," she called through the door.
I wondered if he was also vegan, but I guess I'll find out. I was about to get up to get food, but Hunter held me down. My head was still in his lap, and he shook his head. "Not yet.. I want to spend a little more time with you," he murmured softly, caressing my cheek. I blushed, putting my hand over his.
His mom yelled something about waffles and about us needing something that sounded like a caterpillar. I was still half asleep so I wasn't really listening intently. Hunter's face went red and he called back no. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, going back to running his hands through my hair. I don't care if I'm not able to eat breakfast, as long as he kept doing this, I'd be fine.