Do A Barrel Roll

His room.
Crying.
A misunderstanding.
Breaking up, even though we weren't even official.
Black eyes.
Anger.
Heart brokenness.

Thoughts filled my head as I waited for his response. I felt tears fill my eyes. I've never been more worried, my heart beating against my rips. It hurt to breathe. Something was said. I was panicking too much to understand. I was shaking in his arms, his grip tightening on me.
"Hey.. Hey! Listen to me," he said, almost sternly, "I love you no matter what. I promise, Micah. " Hunter kissed me, causing me to stop stuttering and being a total fucking mess.
Wait. Did he say love? Oh shit. I guess I can assume we are actually official. And.. He's still kissing me. This is nice. Oh, yeah, I should probably kiss him back. I pulled him closer as his hands moved down to my hips, our bodies pressing together with the pool water surrounding us.

His room. For real, this time.
Trying to get dry.
Off came my sodden tank top and binder, my back to him. "You know, you have a cute back. I just wish you could've told me sooner," he sat down on a bean bag that he had in his room.
"I was afraid. But you can see my ribs and my spine. It's gross," I looked over my shoulder back at him. He got up and hugged me, his hands on my naked stomach. "Liked it said earlier, I love you no matter what, you nerd," Hunter kissed my cheek and went back to sitting. I pulled on one of his shirts, a bit uncomfortable, but glad he was okay with me.
He was probably worried as to why I haven't said it back. I was just overthinking so much. How would this effect other things? Would he feel weird hugging me now? I was so worried about everything again I couldn't even focus on him or talking.
"Micah. Hey. Micah, are you okay?"
I could hear him, but I couldn't say much. I started to break down in front of him. Fuck. I didn't wan to do this. I couldn't help it. I had ruined this date so many times already.
The floor. I practically collapsed. I was curled up, crying. He ran over to me, pulling me into his lap. He shh'ed me rocking me back and forth, rubbing my back. He tried to reassure me, saying things that I couldn't even understand anymore. I tried to focus on my breathing only to make it worse. I so desperately wanted to calm down and say something. Anything.
My heart hurt along with my head. I gripped onto my knees tightly, keeping them pulled to my chest. He held onto me, occasionally kissing my forehead. "Micah.. Everything's okay, I promise," he sounded afraid. I was worrying him so much and it made me sick. I kept focusing on calming down.
It took quite some time. I was finally breathing normally and my heart and stopped beating so fast. Hunter was grasping my hands, some tears in his eyes.
"Hunter.. I love you too."