Chapter 7

Noah's POV:

Purple! It's purple! Sebby said this is a magic sweater, he said I can keep it and that it'll keep me safe so I don't have to be scared anymore, and it's so so so soft! The hands are too long so when I move they go flippy floppy. Daddy took away all my sweaters a really long time ago, but now I have a new one, and it's big enough for Oli to fit with me. "Do you wanna look around my room?" Sebby asks me, I nod wanting to see everything! He tells me that the shiny cups are trophies and he won them in competitions. Hunter says Sebby is really smart and that's how he wins them. I wanna be smart like him too, then we can have matching cups! He has lots and lots of books, I wonder if he knows how to read all of them, maybe he can teach me. After looking around I tell him I like his room. I also tell him my old room was scary, and didn't have a big window like his, but he tells me it's okay and that I'm going to have a new room here, and that we can sit right beside the window! I'll be able to see all the trees!

Hunter tells me my room isn't ready yet so for now I can stay with anyone of my brothers. I can't decide I don't want them to be sad if I don't pick them, so I tell Hunter all of them. Atty laughs and says "well it is Friday, we can all camp out in the living room tonight.". Hunter says "that's fine with me, but ask everyone at dinner, we're going shopping tomorrow too for his room.".

*ding*

I hear a bell! Where did it — oh! It's from hunters box! He calls it a phone but that sounds funny, I think he made it up. "Dinners here" he says after looking at his box. Sebby hands me Oli and we leave his room, the sweater is a little big so I try not trip, so Hunter picks me up. Walking past another door he says that's my room. When we get downstairs, there's plates on the big table, everyone goes to sit down, Hunter asks me who I want to sit with, I point to the tall scary boy because he brought the food, that means it's his food. If I sit with him he might share some of his food with me.

Nicholas' POV:

I'm shocked. I've spent maybe 10 minutes with Noah and for at least 7 of those minutes he looked completely terrified of me, but he still chose to sit with me for dinner? Honestly, he's so tiny I'm afraid I'll hurt him, but if he wants to sit with me I won't stop him, now I can brag that I'm his favorite. Hunter walks him over to me and places him on my lap, him not being tall enough without a booster, and everyone starts dishing out food. I take a couple of nuggets for Noah and some fries and hand him one. He looks at it like it's going to eat him, instead of him eating it. "It's a chicken nugget, you can eat it, if you don't like it we can try something else okay?" I say to him. He scrunches up his eyebrows and says "d-don't like?" Before I or anyone can respond he takes a tiny nibble of it and says "no w-waste, bad pun-punishment" taking another nibble. Everyone's just looking at him, well except Reid, he's too focused on his sandwich right now, but also looks completely spaced out at the same time. As Noah continues to take tiny bites, his face not giving anything away as to whether or not he actually likes it. I can see Alex about to burst so I kick Atlas' shin. The face he makes is hilarious, I didn't mean to kick that hard, he's about to swear at me but looks at Noah first, then to me, I nod my head to Alex and Atlas gets up almost tripping, graceful as always, taking Alex out of the room.

Sebastian's POV:

Hearing Noah say that he can't waste food or else he'll get punished hurts, I know Alex is beyond pissed off, and I'm scared how angry he's going to be when we find out more of Noah's "rules". I know he'd never take it out physically on any of us that's what his punching bag is for, but he can get loud when he's angry. Sighing, I move over one spot into Atlas' seat beside Nick and tell Noah "it's okay if you don't like something, anything you don't like won't be wasted. I promise, look at Reid." I say pointing to Reid. "If there's anything you don't like he'll eat it and then you can try something else alright?" I say, knowing Reid wouldn't turn down food. How he eats so much and never gains any weight is beyond me. Reid finally looks up from his sandwich hearing that last sentence, and gives Noah a goofy grin. I'm also worried about Reid, he hasn't said much since Hunter told us about Noah in the first place. Reluctantly Noah nods but says he likes the "chicky nuggies". Reid just tells him to let him know, and Noah's nods looking at Nick. Nick gives him another nugget and Noah eats it happily. Spencer finished eating first rushing off since he works the late shift tonight at the theatre. Before he leaves Hunter asks if he and Nicholas want to camp out in the living room tonight. Spencer laughs and says we haven't done that in years. "Are you sure your ancient bones can handle that?" He says while walking towards the door. "Ha ha you're so funny, ancient bones" Hunter says sarcastically and Nick almost chokes on his water from laughing. Startling Noah with his coughs, he turns around staring wide eyed at Nick, and then rubs his chest lightly, it's the cutest thing ever. When he stops coughing Noah says "all b-better now" and gives him a hug. I lied, that hug made it cuter. Noah eventually stops eating and asks for Nicholas' napkin. Giving the napkin, he then puts some nuggets and fries on it and puts it in the sweater pocket. "Noah you don't have to put that in your pocket, I'm going to put all the leftovers in the fridge, so when you get hungry, you can ask anyone of us and we can get it for you." We're eating in the kitchen so Hunter points at the fridge, but Noah scrunches his face up asking when will he put the lock on it. My god, a lock on the fridge! I know he's small, and I know they hurt him, but they starved him too? It hits me then why he chose to sit with Nicholas, he brought in the food. Noah sat with him because he thought that was the only way to get food. Since he brought it, it was "his" to share. I must be making a face because Hunter raises his eyebrows at me, I shake my head and mouth "later" to him. All I can think about now though, is are we ever going to be able to get these awful rules out of his head?

New chapter is here! I know that I've been writing chapters super fast, but the pace of the book is pretty slow, the first few days/week Noah spends with his brothers will go slow since I want him to bond a little bit with each brother. Eventually there might be a time skip, maybe a week, maybe two, I don't know, we'll see lol. Next chapter will hopefully be in Alexander's POV, but I might change my mind lol. Anyways thanks for reading!

May xx