16. In for trouble

Começar do início

"Strange." You said out load and got out the car heading inside.

"Honey! Why did I get a phone call about you getting detention! For skipping! What is going on with you. I knew that boy Billy was trouble!" She said pacing back and forth in the living room.

"Mom no! I was in gym class doing nothing and remember I accidentally left my text book for my next class in my car so I had to go get it and then the teacher came out an thought I was out there the whole time." You said leaning against the door.

"And you've been dating this boy Billy behind my back which I had to find out through Susan from the bakery! And he just so happened to be out there too? I haven't even met this boy an he sounds like trouble!" She yelped.

"What are you talking about!? Billy and I aren't dating! He just so happened to forget his text book too!" You yelled.

"I just don't get it! You are such a good kid! I don't want you seeing this boy Billy anymore! Plus Steve is as single as a Pringle his mom told me!" She said.

You walked upstairs and sat at your desk studying for a hour or when you then hear loud cheering outside your house.  You looked out your window to see a pizza man at Steve's doorstep and all the kids that were there.

You heard your mom on the phone talking to Steve mom about you getting a detention and how she doesn't like this Billy kid. They started to giggle about other things and then the talking stopped.

The phone rang and your mom shouted for you.

"Honey! Someone's calling for you!" she said with a big smile.

You grabbed the phone an tried to walk as far away as you could hoping it would be Billy.

"Hey" you heard Steve voice.

"Hi" you said as you looked over at your mom annoyed because you know your moms did this.

"I'll give you guys some privacy." She said grabbing her glass of wine and walking away.

"So you got detention?" Steve asked.

"Yeah two hours tomorrow." You said.

"I heard Billy got detention too?" Said Steve.

"Yeah." You sighed

"I told you he was trouble." Steve sighed.

"He's not! Im so tired of everyone saying that! He's a nice gu-" you said as Steve cut you off.

"Hey I was kidding... kinda. I know things haven't been the same and.." Steve said as you waited for him to finish.

"I would love to take you out some time soon. Not a date.. "yes a date" you heard a voice of a young boy in the background and a sound of the phone being covered and a bit shuffling.

"Not as a date but just a catch up." He said.

You were a bit shocked. You didn't know Steve would ever want to talk to you again after you betrayed him and now that he has Robin.

"Really?" You asked.

"Yeah." He sighed which made you realize that he still has a bit of resentment.

"Sure I'll have to ask my mom though because she's still pretty upset about Billy and detention."

"It's fine with me honey!" You mom said on the line.

Steve laughed on the line as you rolled your eyes.

"Saturday good?" He asked.

"She's free!" Your mom spoke again.

"Alright well I'll see you tomorrow enjoy your detention." Steve said.

"Bye Steve." You said hanging up the phone and going back to your room.

You felt content with the call. You wished you reached out to Steve during your guys no talking but you had no idea what to say. Steve being the bigger person whether he was forced to call by his mom or not made what felt like a 100 pound weight lifted off your shoulders.