Chapter THIRTY-SIX.

[THIRTY-SIX]

(Time Skip 2 p.m. Wednesday still.)

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Today once again has been one of the best since we started our vacation, and I am so happy to be getting to know Esme more each day. We all just finished shopping and are back at our hotel suite as Kelly and her parents have that meeting at four but decided to do it now so we can all have dinner together. So right now, it is just me and Esme in our room, she slipped fully into her four-year-old head space the moment we finished the tour at the space needle, so the rest of our outing was quite an active and happy one. We all got a lot of souvenirs along with some things I am having sent home for the house seeing as I couldn't resist buying some things I found along our shopping trip. Right now, Esme is having her afternoon nap curled up in our bed with her little diapered bottom in the air and I couldn't help but take some pictures, she has been so freaking adorable today.

Not like she isn't always, smiling I lean down and kiss her head before covering her more with her blanket before making my way over to the desk in the room grabbing my laptop I boot it up waiting as I take a breath knowing the calls I need to make will be good or worrisome, but they need to be made well the one to Mitch. The one to my house sitter Marlo will be more emotional knowing what I want to do. Looking at my baby I take breath and smile knowing my Jenny up in heaven will approve so I dial Marlo's cell waiting as I get into my online design program that I made a long time ago with Jenny planning to fully re-due the nursery for Esme. Hearing the phone ringing I get to removing some things on the design along with Emailing my designer friend who helped back then letting her know I need her to do this before I get home.

I know if I did it while home I would fully break down but seeing as my baby Esme deserves a nursery of her own it pushes me to breath and be able to do so. I get and email back from Natasha saying she understands and to send me the design and ideas once I finish knowing she will clean it up and put her own touches as well. As I hear Marlo's smooth voice on the phone I smile and take a breath saying,
"Hi dear one, how has the house sitting and studying going?" she chuckles and I hear some sizzling noise in the back ground as she says, "Wonderful as always you know I get my most free time here though I have my own place with my roommate there I can't get as much done." Chuckling I smile sighing saying, "I'm glad you are doing well dear as well as ok I don't know if you heard anything about what has been happening."

Waiting I keep tweaking the design and typing out a list of things I need to buy as well when she speaks saying, "I talked with Mitch and understand as you know I take care of myself, and you have always done the same for me since I was sixteen." Smiling I sign nodding saying, "I am just glad you are safe; I know I have you watching and taking care of my house when I am gone but I still worry." She chuckles and I hear the sizzling disappear as she says, "I know Len and as always I am good right now I am finishing up dinner and will be turning in all of my latest essays and end of the year project thanks to having this free time I finished early and was told I get to graduate with this year's class."

Gasping glad I squeal lightly before covering my mouth looking at my baby before looking back at the screen saying, "That is so amazing dear what day and time I don't want to miss it, and neither will Kelly or Mitch." I know she is blushing and smiling as she squeaks out, "It's a week after you get back and I even found a new house one that is near you by the way that way I won't have a roommate no more. that and I have some offers from a few think tanks and colleges for jobs as well, so I am doing supper amazing these last few weeks." I smile shaking my head saying, "I am so happy for you dear you deserve it and I am so, so proud of you!" I hear sniffling and smile lightly knowing she is trying to be strong; she has been like a little sister to me since Kell and I met her when she was sixteen struggling and living with asshole parents. Kell and I were two years into opening my law firm and we met her when she came to us to file for emancipation from her parents.