Ready Player One?

Beginne am Anfang

"He's that strong?!" Axel whispered/shouted to Roxas and Xion. "Really?! How many times have you fought?" Sora asked. Umbra then covered his mouth with one hand, stilling his chuckles. Akari sighed.
"100 times..." Akari said ashamed. Everyone's jaws dropped as soon as they heard that Akari had fought against Umbra a hundred times and only one once. "How far ago was this?" Terra asked, trying to slowly sway the conversation elsewhere. "Day before we went to the Keyblade Graveyard..." Akari said, now pulling his hood up to cover his face. Terra lowered his head, knowing fully well that the situation was now worse than before.

"Well, how are we going to train, Master?" Kairi asked. "Please, there's no need to call me that" Akari said. Akari turned around and walked to the center of the training platform.
"I'm going to see what you guys got" Akari announced. "So, you will evaluate our skills?" Aqua asked. "Exactly" Umbra said. "Once that's done and over, either Umbra or I will train you in what we believe is what you need to work on~" Akari was explaining. "Will the training make me as strong as you?!" Sora and Ventus asked in loud voices.

Aqua chuckled and looked away, covering her mouth. Akari just smiled and looked down. "God, they do share one brain cell..." Umbra whispered. "I don't think so guys, but you can prove me wrong" Akari told the two. Ventus and Sora just smiled at each other and prepared mentally for what came next.

"Kairi, Xion, Lea" Akari called, "Step forward into the training grounds". The three mentioned walked and stepped into the training platform. "Okay, let's be quick" Akari said. He nodded towards Umbra and Umbra tapped the platform with his boot once. Lea looked around but nothing seemed to happen. Umbra then threw a tiny rock at Akari. "First, any spells that you throw or cast will not end up hurting someone outside this square" Akari said. Akari then threw the rock at Riku's direction, but the rock bounce off what seemed to be an invisible barrier on top of the edges of the platform.

"Second, and most important, it will not matter if you win or lose. You are here to show us your all. Don't hold back" Umbra said. The three nodded at his direction. Akari motioned Kairi, Xion and Lea to their positions, forming a triangle around him while he was at the center. Umbra tapped the column of the closest corners in the training platform. And out from the platform's ground came a bokken for Akari.

(A/N: bokken is a Japanese wooden sword, that looks like a katana. It was normally used for training)

Akari swung it three times and then looked around him to Kairi, Xion and Lea. "I tap you with this five times, the exercise is over" Akari said, tapping his bokken against his arm. "You tap me with your Keyblades three times, the exercise is over" Akari said. "Our Keyblades?" Xion asked concerned. "You want us to fight you with our keys" Kairi asked. "Yeah" Akari said. Akari's three opponents looked at each other worried but got on their stances. So did Akari.

"Ready?" Umbra said, raising his hand to the air.

Those in the platform readied themselves for combat. Summoning their Keyblades, except Akari.

"Fight!" Umbra shouted, trying to sound as much as possible as the voice from Mortal Kombat, and swinging his hand down.

Xion attacked Akari's back, from his left side. Akari turned from facing Kairi and raised his weapon. He blocked at laast 6 strikes from Xion without much effort since..they were horizontal.
Lea swung his Keyblade right to left, aiming at Akari. Akari parried one of Xion's attacks and swung his key towards Lea's gut. Lea evaded the attack, but faile dto notice that his key was going towards Xion's head. Akari quickly thrusted his bokken between Lea's Keyblade and Xion.

As the two weapons locked with one another, Akari maneuvered the weapons away from Xion and pushed Lea back. Akari then tapped Lea's free hand and shoulder. "Ow!" Lea said shaking his hand. "Be more careful Lea, you could have hit Xion!" Akari said, angrily pointing his weapon at Lea. "What...?" Lea looked at Xion only to see her facing down, confirming what Akari was telling him. "You were too distracted evading my swing that you forgot where your weapon was aiming" Akari explained strictly. "I'm sorry Xion" Lea said scratching his neck in shame. "No need Axel" Xion said reassuringly.