chapter fourteen.

Start from the beginning

The kids get out rushing to the trunk and Steve crawls out, he moves himself over to Dallas, grabbing her arms and shaking her, "Guys."

He lifts himself up, falling back against the door of the car, "Oh, no, guys."

"Hey, where do you think you're going?"

They all ignore him walking to the front of the car, "What are you deaf? Hello? We are not going down there right now do I make myself clear? Hey, there's no chance we're going to that hole, all right? This ends right now!"

"Steve!"

Lucas walks over to Dallas, lifting her up with the help of Mike, they both tap her cheek a little and she flinches, groaning as she wakes up, "Morning, sunshine." Lucas grins as her eyes peek open.

She tilts her head eyes narrowing at the, "There she is." Mike comments tapping her cheek a little and she pulls away.

"Dustin?"

She tries to stand up but falls back against the car with a groan, "Gotta get this on you, okay? Or are you gonna stay up here?"

"What?"

"Out of the way, you're crowding her."

She closes her eyes as a new person kneels beside her, "Hey, Hopper, you okay?"

"Oh, feel hungover, I think, I'm gonna-"

She turns on her side as she's sick, Steve grimaces rubbing her back lightly as he turns away, getting flashbacks to Halloween a few days ago.

"That's it, come on, you can stay here with the car."

She shakes her head as she stands, she accepts the water Max gives her and greedily takes large gulps, "I'm okay."

"No, dizziness and sickness are signs of a concussion, stay here."

She shakes her head again and follows her brother grabbing some bandana and goggles from him, "I'm fine, I'm fine."

"Hopper, this isn't up for discussion, you're staying here."

She turns quickly, planting her feet firmly to try not to fall backwards as she swallows, tying the bandana behind her head as a mask, "I'm not letting my brother go down there alone, I'm coming with you."

She puts the goggles on and follows her brother who helps her down the rope they've already gotten ready, she drops down, steadying herself before moving away from the rope and looking around, "Holy shit."

"You're pretty sure or you're certain?" She hears her brother yell from the front, she follows Steve up towards them and looks down at Mike's map.

"I'm 100% sure, just follow me and you'll know."

Steve scrambles to stop them pushing past Dallas who has braced herself against the wall behind her, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so."

"What?"

"Any of you little shits die down here I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit? From here on out, I'm leading the way. Come on, lets go."

He glances over at Dallas he can't see through the goggles but from the furrow of her forehead he can tell her eyes are screwed shut as she tries to ease the forming headache, "Sinclair, Henderson, you're on Hopper duty."

The pair nod, Dustin following behind as Lucas grabs her hand and pulls her forward, she leans into him shaking her head, "Not feeling too good right now, guys."

"Come on," Steve yells from the font, "A little hustle."

He leads the way for a few minutes, turning every once in a while to check on everyone, Lucas keeps his arm wrapped around Dallas' waist, holding her arm over his shoulder to make sure she doesn't get left behind, Dusitn behind them, being there to help his sister when she starts getting a bit dizzy again.