"Wow n/n! What have you been up to?" Lumine smiled and turned to them as they took another pot off the fire.

"Paimon thinks y/n's making potions, but they said it's medicine." Paimon answered.

"I didn't know you could make medicine y/n! That's so cool~" She cooed.

Y/n nodded as a 'thank you' before Aether spoke up, "I need to continue some work in my room. Come in if you need me." He smiled before walking up the stairs.

"He's been so on edge lately." Lumine sighed, before turning back to y/n. "So, teach me how to make some of these cool medicines." she grinned.

-

Boredom. That's all they felt the whole night. For some reason, y/n hadn't been able to fall asleep.

Nothing was bothering them and they weren't overthinking anything, nor were they tired from making medicine with Lumine. They just weren't tired.

So, they stood up and walked to the kitchen quietly. They grabbed the kettle and heated up some water over the fire.

"Oh y/n, what are you doing up?" Paimon said a little too loud, but shut herself up quickly.

They jumped at the sudden voice, but calmed down when they noticed it was only Paimon. Y/n made a 'sleeping' gesture then made an x with their arms while shrugging.

"Paimon was trying to get Aether to go to sleep but he's just being so stubborn!" Paimon complained, waving her arms and legs around.

Y/n pointed to the kettle that was boiling the water.

"Yea, maybe that'll help him." She answered, as she turned to the cupboards and went through the food.

After a few minutes, y/n had filled two mugs with boiling water. They added some chamomile from their herb bag into some tea bags, and added one into each cup.

Y/n brought one of the cups over to Paimon who just stared at the cup confusingly, unaware of what the gesture meant.

They pointed at Paimon, then back up the stairs.

"Oh! Sure, Paimon will-" She cut herself off before staring at y/n for a moment.

"Actually, Paimon's just tooooo busy snacking on all the foods, hahaha." Paimon squealed, "Hey! Maybe you should bring it to Aether."

Y/n shrugged, and brought the cups upstairs.

They knocked lightly before opening the door to see Aether. His hair was out of its braid and he was focused on the many papers laid around his desk.

After hearing the door open, his head perked up quickly and he turned quickly to the source of the noise. His expression softened when he noticed it was only y/n.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" He said quietly as he stood up, before being stopped when y/n lifted the teacup towards him.

He stared and smelled it before looking up to see y/n looking for a way to communicate. He chuckled and grabbed a stray paper from his desk and a pen before giving it to them.

"It's chamomile. It'll help you sleep. Paimon told me you were awake and I decided to make some for you as well." They wrote and showed it to the blond boy.

As if time stopped, he could only stand and stare at the innocent person. It was only a small act of kindness, but it was heartwarming.

"Thank you for the tea, y/n." He smiled and sipped it.

Y/n smiled back and turned to walk out the door before Aether called out to them.

"Hey- wait, uh.. would you like to sit and drink together?"

They were a bit stunned by the offer, but they decided to shut the door and walk towards Aether.

He sat on his bed and y/n sat beside him.

"You seem to be stressed. Is everything ok?" They wrote, and turned the paper towards Aether.

He smiled lightly before responding, "Everything's fine. I'm sure Lumi's just worrying you."

Instead of brushing it off, y/n deadpanned at the blond boy.

"Fine, fine." He sighed, before sipping his tea. "To be honest, I'm not sure what to do at the moment. The Tsaritsa had summoned me along with a few other harbingers. I don't know what she wants, but I'm sure it's something about helping her and I definitely don't want to do that. Something about the gnoses, and the princess.."

As Aether spoke, everything started to unfold. His problems, stress, and everything he'd been keeping to himself had slowly been released throughout the night.

Slowly, as the minutes went by, y/n was finally able to see it. Aether might have been known for being a powerful wizard, but right now y/n only saw a young boy. A young wizard with troubles.

By the end of the night, their empty tea cups were resting on the side table and Aether was mumbling about whatever topic he had drifted to.

"Maybe you should sleep now." Y/n wrote, and smiled towards the messy haired boy.

"I guess you're right. Thanks for keeping me company, y/n." He said quietly before yawning.

Y/n stood up slowly and smiled at Aether, who was now getting under the covers in a comfortable position.

They waved goodbye, and left the room. Walking towards their cubby to head for bed. Though now, instead of insomnia eating them up,

a feeling of euphoria bubbled inside of them.