Arc 5, Chapter 2: Omniverse

Start from the beginning

Eren: "So Atlas managed to find said pathway?"

Light: "Accidentally. They would never want to actually test jumping into that void though."

Ugh...my head hurts just from thinking about this.

Eren: "You said there was a prison?"

Light: "Yes I did. Beneath the surface of Ever After are miles and miles of underground dungeons and jails. We repurposed Ever After as both a place to better yourself by accessing your deepest regrets and fears and as a place to punish the worst of each multiverse."

Accessing your deepest regrets and fears...

Eren: "So if I were to go to Ever After..."

Light: "You would face your trauma head on. Way more then what you currently do."

I sigh and lay back down on my bed rubbing my forehead. How did Ruby fall into that void...? I remember in Blaces world that, at least in the memory fragment, no one fell into the Void besides Cinder and Neo. What world is that Ruby from?

Eren: "What world is that Ruby from?"

Light: "That's the original Ruby Rose."

Eren: "WHAT?!"

I shoot up out of my bed and stand up looking at the God.

Eren: "The original Ruby is in Ever After?! Couldn't that be really bad?!"

Light: "That's my point."

Eren: "Is there an exit out of there to go back to your own world?"

Light: "Once you fully conquer your past there is a portal in a giant castle that brings you to your respective world."

Eren: "So...she would just need to get over there, get over her inner fears and she'll be good!"

Light rubs his forehead and closes his palms again, putting his hands behind his back.

Light: "It's not as simple as you say it is."

Eren: "Huh? How so?"

Light: "Frankly, a lot of the people you know in this world are weaker and actually dumber in that original timeline."

What?

Eren: "Um...how?"

Light: "Lots of them are stuck up on their emotions so much that it prevents them from fighting properly. Some get distracted way easier and some fight like they've never fought before. It's a weird anomaly with that place that so many alternate timelines that came from that one have smarter fighters and smarter versions of themselves."

Eren: "So...what are you getting at here?"

Light: "Ruby Rose could potentially give up."

Give up?! Is she insane?!

Eren: "And she'd do that why?!"

Light: "Loss of friends, constant grimm scenarios and mountains of stress. They don't have a powerhouse like you or your version of Yang there. They're in a constant uphill battle and they aren't doing a fantastic job."