Chapter 1: Six months later...

You're leaving already...? But that's so soon!

If you go, I'll be bored and lonely again... I'll have no one to play with!

You have to come back to me, okay? You'll return someday, right?

Promise me.

Promise me you'll return!

...

"Mnngh...?!"

His eyes shot open. He quickly raised his body from the bed and looked around. The light was shining through the cabin windows, signaling the start of a new day. He groaned, lazily stretching his arms upward.

Was that... a dream?

He scratched his hair and let out a deep sigh. What was that dream? It felt so familiar. So nostalgic. As if it transported him to his younger days as a little boy prancing in the meadows and gazing at the calm blue skies.

"Mr. Pete?" A man in a sailor uniform opened the door.

"A-Ah, yes?" Pete rubbed his eyes to clear his vision. He stood from his bed and turned to the man. I think I've got messy bed hair.

"We've arrived at our destination." The man informed.

"Oh, we're here already?" Pete ran his hand through his brown hair and wore his blue cap backward. "Sorry, I'll get my stuff ready and be out soon."

"No rush, Mr. Pete." The man nodded and left the cabin room.

Pete grabbed his red handkerchief and wrapped it around his neck. He quickly strapped on his orange backpack. All right, I don't think I've left anything behind. After one final check around his surroundings, he clapped his face to rile himself up. Let's move out!

Pete exited the cabin door and walked to the ship's deck. He was greeted by the crashing waves of the oceans, the quiet beach, and the calm breezy winds brushing against his bare arms. It sent little shivers through his spine. The Sun shone brightly in the skies, making him instinctively cover his eyes with his hand.

He stepped down to the wooden bridge, crossing over the dock. His eyes took in the grand sight of the blue oceans extending beyond the horizons. The sound of waves was pleasant to his waking ears.

"Thank you!" Pete waved at the sailor who waved back. "I'll be fine on my own!"

Pete stepped onto the sand, his feet gently pressing into them. He inhaled, taking in the fresh yet familiar scent. If memory served him correctly, this was the one and only beach.

Mineral Town. Pete grinned in relief. Haven't been here in a long while.

He whipped out a town map he had received on the way here. Let's see... how do I get there? There was only one reason why he came back to Mineral Town. There was someone he wanted to see. Someone he had grown close to in his childhood days. Someone who gave him fond memories to remember.

Wait for me!

...

..

.