Discussing Mr. Kareja Case

So, on 1st January 2016. We talked about the Kareja murder. By that time, we had together spent a lot of time and resources on a few mysteries. I asked him about the case. He said, " My dear Paul, I have not been approached by either the officials or the family for the case yet. But, still, I have a contact among the forces who keeps me informed about that case. Would you mind bringing me the book with the initials RK written on it?" I bought the book from his library, there I found that he has a small book on his case and a person of interest.

After bringing the book, he asked me to read under the column of Rakesh Kareja. It was as follows

Mr. Rakesh Kareja, 69 years old (24th February 1946 - 31st November 2015), studied in Jewellery designing and geology, Founder of Kareja Jewels, World Famous Jeweller 1980, Married 1967, 2 sons, 1 daughter, 3 adopted girls, Lives in Anti Villa, tutor to more than 100 students, spread all over the world, 10 billion per annum. ** Death is a mystery to be solved. **

This is the extract he wrote in his journal about Mr. Kareja. While I was reading, Holmes was patiently sitting and looking outside. His handwriting in his journal represented some sort of old English that is to date practiced in the United Kingdoms. After I completed it, he asked me to re-read the newspaper clipping.

After the facts were reviewed, Homes asked me about my opinion. I said, " Well, according to the facts, Mr. Kareja might have been thinking about something that evening, because of which he was spending his evening in his study room after dinner. All the family members might have gone to their respective quarters and called it a night with their family members, each of them doing their tasks. During the night, someone might have been able to somehow enter the room where Mr. Kareja was present. Coincidently, Mr. Kareja might be sitting on his armchair beside the fireplace and drinking wine. Then the killer might have come from behind and put him to sleep by either hitting him on his head or giving him chloroform to breathe. Then after tying him up, he made his demands, and Mr. Kareja, to keep his family safe, sat silently. Here, the killer might have wanted to know about something so precious that he was with the time he/she spent torturing the poor soul. Or the killer might be a member of his past and wanted to inflict a painful death on Mr. Kareja. After the conversation, keeping the options that the killer might/might not have got what he/she wanted from him, killed him and untied his body, and then somehow got outside the room, closing everything behind him/her from inside. "

After hearing this, Holmes was smiling, he said, " My dear Paul, your imagination is quite wilder than expected, but I guess that it is on some trial of events. But, what I can say is that Mr. Kareja was known to have more enemies in his diaries than friends.

No one could have been able to enter that house unless and until they got an ID card from the security booth at the gates. Now, this card has in itself a unique tracker embedded in it, which detects the visitor's whereabouts on the whole property, his/her health parameters, and their heartbeat rate. So, unless you don't have that ID card, you cannot enter. And over it, the visitor should have a purpose with any of the family members of the Kareja family.

But, even if the person is able to enter, there are seven layers of security around his property, that you have to pass to gain entrance into the mansion. After entering the house, there is a photograph taken of every individual. As you might know, the staff within the grounds of his property are loyal to an end. Apart from that, among his family, his children and the adopted ones are raised as one single unit, and they have a very close bonding, which is not so common in today's world. Each of them has a segment of their own in the company, which implies that there is no CEO of the Kareja jewels, it is only the board that operates the company.

Each of them has its league of properties and interests all over the world. They have been given the country they like the most to control the trade over there. Other than that, the company in itself has its constitution, which cannot be altered by anyone other than Mr. Kareja himself. Above all this, all the accounts have the numbers of each member of the family, and any transaction is known to everyone. So, getting this killer is quite a difficult task. Secondly, the main room, that is, Mr. Kareja's study room is on the top floor of the building, near the astronomy tower. You see, like you, Mr. Kareja also has a keen interest in space. His room is one of the most sensitive rooms. Anyone other than the known person enters the room, it will seal the person inside that room. So, there is that fact you might want to keep a note of.

Now, on the day of his death, the course of events that you have so elaborately explained might be true, but there is a possibility that someone in the house might have accidentally let the killer inside the house without the ID card. Then the course of events might have to take a drastic change. With this, the mystery gets even bigger, and the range of suspects increases. But, that's all I can say until I am allowed to visit the premises. " With that, Holmes stopped his detailed observation of Mr. Kareja's case. But, I was myself a bit concerned, regarding, why isn't he being invited? I asked Holmes about it, he said that they usually call after they are at their wits end in such cases.