20

valarie sat up and held her head as the sun shone through the window. "ugh.." she groaned to herself as she looked down at the empty bed on the floor. she stood up, pulling a blanket over her shoulders and walking down to the kitchen.

'good morning' drew smiled at her as she looked at joseph who was drinking a coffee and talking to finn. 'morning..' she smiled weakly as he grabbed her an aspirin and slid her water over the island. 'good night?" he asked, a small smirk on his lips as she rolled her head. "yes, but not that good." she chuckled as joe smiled at her as she walked over.

"finn dragged me down the stairs against my will, i promise." he whispered into her ear as she chuckled, shaking her head, taking a sip of his coffee. "mhm, i'm sure he did." she smiled as she sat on the edge of the table. "what are you guys doing today?" finn asked as he ate a spoonful of cereal.

"nothing?" joe said as he looked up at the girl who was scrolling through her phone. "nothing on the rota." she replied, peaking over her phone to look at the boys puppy dog eyes. "oh, actually i'm going to see my brother." he said as val smiled at him, before letting out a small laugh.

"what?" he asked and she rubbed her eyes before looking back down at him. "first time seeing your brother in three months and you're hungover." she joked as he put his face in his hands. "god, you have to come with me so i seem okay compared." he told her as she rolled her eyes.

"shut up, you're just as bad as me." she shouted as he shook his head, looking up at her as he rested his hand on her knee. "you're kidding right?" he said to her as she playfully pushed his head away.

"i do have to go though, ill go grab my stuff." he stood up as val followed him, smiling at finn who was making a kiss face at her, as she flipped up her middle finger. "do you want to come tonight? all im going to get his him and his wife talking about the most boring stuff, it'd be nice to actually have some fun." he told her as she placed the blanket back on the bed and nodded.

"sure, text me the location and i'll drive down. no drinking for us mr. quinn." she smiled as he kissed the side of her head, before looking at the many pictures of charlie heaton which were placed in the corner of her room. "ah! no questions, just move on." she told him as he stared at her. "i dont think i can ever move on from this question." he told her as she shrugged. "too bad." she told him before leaving her room. he followed behind her and said his goodbyes as he left the house minutes later. "he stopped over?" enya said as she leant on the table and val laughed out. "yes, we were drunk, and he slept on the floor."

"mhm, well we're going to the movies tonight, you wanna come?" enya asked as val shook her head. "i just told joe i'd go with him to meet his brother. sorry e." enya shook her head and wrapped her arms around val. "shh, it's nice to see you happy." she whispered as val pulled away. "im always happy." she sighed and walked away to shower as her roommates all looked at eachother. "shes so falling in love." one of them voiced, as the others nodded in agreement.

val zipped up her dress, pulling on her jacket as she walked into the living room. "damn, you're so hot." josh said as he went back to watching spongebob. "not as hot as patrick i assume.." she mumbled as he nodded in agreement. "well i'm going bye." she grabbed her bag as she left the house and drove over to the restaurant. "hey." he smiled as he dropped his cigarette on the floor and stood on it. "hey." she smiled and thanked the valet as she walked over to him.

"you look gorgous." he said as she wrapped her arm over her and let him guide her to the table. "this is my brother. arth this is val, and this is jasmine." val hugged the both of them and sat back down, looking down at the menu. "so, are you in stranger things?" arth asked val who smiled and shook her head. "no, i'm just friends with everyone who works there." she chuckled.