17

valerie sat looking at the clock ticking on the wall, as her phone buzzed. "hello?" she answered, not taking her eyes off the wall. "hey birthday girl." a familiar british voice came from the other side.

"god, don't remind me. i say as if i'm not watching the clock." she laughed, hearing him chuckle on the other end. "what times your party tonight?"

"it starts at eight, you do have my address right?" she asked, as she laid back in her bed, putting her legs against the wall as she looked up at the purple hue which entered the room.

"yeah, i'll be there at eight." he told her as she smiled, they sat for a second on the phone, as if the both of them were together. "val?" his voice came for the other end.

"yeah?" she spoke up as she sat up, listening to every movement on the other end of the phone. "go to your window." he said, as she moved out to her window, sitting on the ledge as she opened it, feeling the hot air hit her face.

"why?" she asked as she heard him open his terrace door, "just look at the moon, it's like we're together." he said, as she sat looking at the full moon in the night.

more silence, but this was different.

it was fulfilling.

it was new.

"goodnight valerie." he said as she laid her head against the window, staring at the moon, smiling softly. "goodnight joe." she said, hardly a whisperer as she head the phone end, keeping it next to her ear for a couple of seconds before placing it in her lap, looking out at the moon still.

"happy birthday!" valerie fell off the windowsill, holding her ears as she looked at the room full of people, holding up birthday banners, singing happy birthday to her.

"oh my god, i think i'm dead." she told them as she chuckled, giving them all a hug before she closed her window and jumped onto josh's back. "it's my birthday!" she shouted as they all exclaimed.

"why were you asleep on the windowsill?" finn laughed as valarie laid back on the table, looking at him. "i was looking at the moon," she smiled and grabbed a box of cereal.

"we have to get the place ready, come on!" enya hit the table as  valerie groaned, her and finn started helping blow up balloons, and get everything ready.

after a couple of hours, valerie and enya sat on the floor as they got ready, "how many people are coming?" she asked as val shrugged. "god knows, whoever shows up." they laughed, grabbing their outfits, getting changed.

"celebratory shot!" drew shouted, as everyone grabbed a shot and took it, laughing as josh spat it out, "pussy!" enya shouted at him as she fanned his mouth.

"i don't remember it burning this bad." he shouted as she opened a bottle of coke and drank it, soon after people started to arrive, as val and josiah danced in the middle of the kitchen.

"val! family's here." finn shouted as she ran through the house, holding onto the walls as she glided in her heels, immediately wrapping her arms around natalia.

"hey! happy birthday!" she hugged her beck, before she went through the whole of the cast, leaning onto sadie, as they all placed their presents on the table. "joe and charlie will be here soon, i think they forgot to get you a gift." noah said bluntly as he walked into the house.