2| Mansions and Dumb People

Start from the beginning

"Everything okay here Paxton?" A deep voice asked from behind me. That voice...
Be careful

"You gotta be shitting me" I murmured and went back upstairs.

The rooms seemed to have multiplied I mean they were so many now..what colour was his door? It had to be this one.
I opened the door and instead walked into a room with grey walls. The walls were plain..maybe this was a spare room. I looked at the bed..someone had slept here.

I was just leaving when the door opened and the guy got in.
"Oh you already found my room? You should really go. Your boyfriend is searching for you." He said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"Is the whole family this dumb?" I murmured and he chuckled. His chuckle was deep and it made my knees jiggle for some weird reason.

"Atleast we agree on that. Anyway..your boyfriend's room is two doors across from mine."

I rolled my eyes and let out an annoyed huff. "Asshole." I muttered and got out of his room.. banging his door.

"I see you found my brother's room first." The creepy guy said. His name...

"Paxton huh? Pretty childish name if you ask me."

"Yeah because Paisley is so matured." He said with a dry laugh.

"I'm not gonna argue with you. Did you find my phone?"

I asked him, looking at him dead in the eye.

"Right here. And.. I'm sorry. For washing your clothes. I shouldn't have."

He said and I just had to laugh.

"Imma break it down for your thick skull.. I was mad you undressed me. Not because you washed my clothes."

"You didn't seem to have any problems with me undressing you yesterday in the car."

"You know what.. whatever. Oh shit!"

I cursed as I found several missed calls and texts from Camila telling me we had a cat in the morning. I checked the time..it was 11am so technically I had missed it. Dad won't like this.
I groaned and pulled my hair in frustration.

I called Sky first but it went straight to voicemail. I then called Camila.

"Baby girl...where have you been I've been trying to reach you..."

"You know what.. don't even ask. Come over at mine yeah?"

"Okaay...just gotta finish a few things I'm doing at the library then I'll be on my way."

"Cool." I then hang up

"Damn..must be really hard being your friend."
Paxton commented. I ignored him and hauled an Uber.

I then went downstairs and followed the hallway.. I didn't even have my shoes on. I took the flip-flops I found by the door and got outside.

"Zoey wait!" I heard him shout as he came running down the stairs. How the fuck did he know that name?

"You live in a mansion huh? Must be really cool."

I commented.

"Lemme drive you home." He offered.

"Just Incase I haven't made myself clear.. everything here is a mistake. Knowing your place..you undressing me.."

"You ain't ever going to let that go will you?"

"...You knowing my name...it's Paisley by the way. "

"Okay... seriously. I'm not dumb. If anything you are dumb."

He said and I blinked. "Wait what?" I asked him..edging closer.

"You go around fucking any guy you meet and let them take you home?"
He spat and I laughed dryly.

"It was you...all you who drove me here. Do I need to remind you that?" I asked him. This guy really had the guts.

"You literally dozed off...right in my arms on my goddamn dick. What was I supposed to do? Leave you out there with drunkards half naked?"

"You had that choice. Atleast you're not as dumb as you look. Next time don't bring whores to your mansion"

And with that I walked off to the gate.

"Open the gate." I snapped to the gateman and he did so. The Uber was already at the gate..thankfully.

"Stormy apartments..here's the address."
I relaxed into the comfortable leather seat and fought my tears back. I've never had a problem with anyone calling me a whore because that's what I was anyway but strangely his words stung.

I paid off the uber guy and practically ran to my apartment . I didn't even use the lift. I just wanted to get to my house and cry my eyes out.

The door was unlocked so I stepped in.
"Finally you're here.. I was.. Oh God what's wrong Ley?"

"Do... don't ca..call me th..that" I whispered and then broke down into tears right in Milla's arms.
Ugh...mansions and dumb people!

Author's note:
I know it looks pretty boring but I promise it'll get better.
If you have any helpful ideas you'd like to share kindly do so.
Kindly follow.

Thanks for reading
Comment & Vote
Love, Malyun 🦋