Chapter 12: Plans

It must have been in the middle of the night as I washed myself. The pain when I washed out my wound nearly made me faint, but I pulled myself together and continued. The little bit of light that the torch gave off, paired with my, even if very little, enhanced night vision, was enough that I was able to re bandage my stomach. A 'Spiderfrog' tried to attack me but Fenrir made quick work of it.

*These nasty creatures, with their poison green skin and these 6 hairy legs, always give me the Creeps.*

But I was in some kind even lucky it attacked me, now I knew that it's nest was near and I had a new supply of webs.

I put on my new clothes, consisting of black leather boots, some black leather trousers, my white silk shirt and a black leather jacket.

*I just love this color, I am not even sure why, but it makes me feel comfortable...*

Because the clothes were being made of leather, they gave a little protection. But the main advantage of them was their flexibility, I could easily move in them.

I can even remember when I made them. I had gone hunting together with Dad, killing 2 stags in the forest and bringing them home. Then we skinned them and while Griselda processed the meat, me and Mom tanned the Leather, sewing it into these clothes after it. Then we took some black paste, that I still don't know how to create, and rubbed it onto the clothes. According to Mum the paste is alike to the one used for the roofs of the village, it will withstand nature and doesn't decline over the years.

*Sadly it doesn't protect against fire...*

I then searched for the nest of the Spiderfrog and after I found it, I gathered some webs, spinning them around my right hand, while infusing it with Mana.

*The more I do this the easier it becomes, the bandages even lost this annoying stickiness they've had before.*

I was getting more tired by the minute, so I made my way back home, all the while hoping that Griselda saw the fireplace I've build, but she still was nowhere to be found.

Near the campfire, I build a makeshift bed out of my old one, some wood and leaves, I then took off my clothes and started cuddling Fenrir while drifting of into sleep.

I found myself at the river again, looking at this human doing something unspeakable to Luana, only to then shift to me holding my brother's head in my hands, looking at me as if to say:

"Where were you when we needed you? It is all your fault!"

Shifting again to the human being ripped to shreds by Fenrir.

I woke up. The sun already stood in the middle of the sky as I got up from my bed. I must have been profoundly sweating, because my skin was again very sticky. I decided to gather some firewood and then go back to the River to wash myself.

*Hygiene is one of the most important things when trying to survive on the outside!*

My stomach didn't hurt as much as yesterday, instead it began growling, so I searched if there was any food left in the ruins.

*Nothing...well it cant be helped...guess I will have to eat the berries found by the river and maybe, if I am lucky, I find some small animal to hunt and cook later on...*

I put on my clothes, took my bow and made my way to the river.

Some time later...

*I have enough firewood for this day and the berries I ate helped a little bit...what do I do now?*

My main priority's were getting revenge and surviving. For this I needed three important things:

*Strength, information and a safe base*

Strength comes with time and continued training, so it wasn't easy to acquire, but I would try my hardest.

Information would be crucial, without it I wouldn't even know who it is I hunt. So I needed some sort of broker.

*But to get one there is only one way...going into civilization...but where?*

A safe place was the same problem, i needed a base that the enemy couldn't easily attack, so any demon realm was out of the picture, besides, they didn't even know me, so why would they help me.

I knew that my father was known by the queens court, but I didn't know his position and if he even was important. He always said I was still to young to get into this sort of dealings. And who could tell me if the other demons could even be trusted, for all I knew they were no different to Humans.

But there was one choice, a kingdom that accepted everyone.

*The Kingdom of Sarien...*

It would be a long journey, but in the end it was the least dangerous, while still being a profitable solution.

*They wouldn't ask about me...maybe even accept me as a citizen, and then I can initiate my plans...the journey will last about 6 months and, to avoid humanoid enemies, I will travel through Yggdrasil. It will be hard, but I believe in myself and Fenrir.*

But first my wound needed to heal, and I haven't given up on Griselda, besides, I need to prepare myself for this journey or it will end faster then I can imagine.

So my plan was to continue living here for one month, in this time I would prepare everything.

Hunt and then create cured meat, because it is important that I don't have to search for food every day. Besides that, Fenrir only eats meat, so it is even more important.

*If I could only make marmalade, then I could take the sweet berries with me...*

Create some sort of transportable bedroll, it doesn't need to be to thick, because i am of the cold resistant side of demon hood.

*I guess being a Major Icedemon helps a lot, even if I am not as resistant as Dad was.*

A tent wasn't a priority, because there were small caves all around the forest and I could even use some monster's nest after killing it.

My backpack was large enough to transport the things I needed, but it wasn't big enough, so maybe I could make some kind of pouch, that I can then put onto Fenrir's back.

Furthermore, I will take the sword the human used to attack me.

*I am so sorry Luana, but I need a good weapon, and this sword was clearly made of good steel...*

Then there were two big concerns, water and hygiene. Without water, Fenrir and i would just outright die, but I couldn't transport enough of it. As for hygiene, soap wasn't readily available in my Situation so I needed a source of water even more.

So I made the decision to follow the riverbank north. It would delay my arrival for another 2 months, and I would need to travel a little along the road, but it would ensure our survival.

And so i began my preparations...