Chapter 17 - Slipping Away

Start from the beginning

"One to ten how's your aim?" Dain asked reloading his handguns, his first weapon was lost during the rush to them. And so he had to rely on a pair of modified handguns that he had kept on him.

"Seven, eight if they're human." Gabrielle gave Dain a confident smile as she put on a different suit. This time it was a dark yellow and gunmetal combat suit with a modified helmet.

"Nice suit." Alon complimented.

"Yeah, this can handle a shot." Gabrielle smiled as she put on her helmet, and so the four of them stepped out into the wilderness.

"I gotta say, our mission seems to be going well so far," Tsuna said as they entered the irradiated wasteland as they were now miles away from Ryza's hideout.

"Why would you say that?" Dain and Alon told him in unison causing Tsuna and Gabrielle to share a laugh but as they did so they heard a squadron of Mechs fly by causing the trio to hit the dirt to avoid detection.

"You had to say it," Gabrielle whispered.

"If you wanna back out now is the time." Alon joked as he tried to look at them as he pulled out his binoculars to get a closer look.

"Looks like a squadron of an upgraded form of Knights, and they have Principality Colors." Alon continued, that the Knights were high mobility but lacked any form of defence. But these upgraded Knights had more armour and are cloaked in some form of energy coating.

"The Scutum are here," Tsuna concluded as they got up and hurried their way to the Heliopolis.

The One Thousand Fifty First Mechanized Army or better known as the Scutum is the Principality's equivalent of the Orthus Legion. They represent the best within the Principality and they are often used within the propaganda, known for their gunmetal and gold shield containing the Terran Numerals for the one thousand fifty-first.

Alon has yet to face them but he hoped it would never happen.

"This is Fenrir, we seek an audience," Dain said through the open communications as he finally managed to get close to a secret entrance near the Heliopolis walls.

Meanwhile, Alon looked up to find a carrier of Principality Ships entering the atmosphere. In contrast to the bulky and industrialized look that the Sovereign uses the Principality Ships were sleek and futuristic to hammer home the idea that their technology is on the same level as the golden age of the Terra Federation, as though they are superior compared to the other nations.

And for Alon, the sight was almost intimidating because it made him fear that the ones he had faced, Istar-Svortza, and the Orthus, all of them are nothing compared to what the Principality had to offer.

Can we even stop them? Alon thought as he sprinted after the others who had entered an old service tunnel, as he entered Dain was still trying to contact Elesfor.

"Any luck?" Gabrielle asked as she activated the lights but as Dain fixed the communicator crackled to life with a concern. "Hello!"

"Hello this is Fenrir of Memento Mori." Dain said with relief.

"Oh good, you're alive," Elesfor answered through the communications. "Forget sabotaging, I need you to assassinate Warden Zhenya Antanov, he's the leader of the Scutum that's en route to meet with the Oligarchs to present his plan of using their Solar Furnaces and weaponizing the entire Scutum with it."

"A Warden is here?!" Gabrielle whispered in shock, Warden are high ranking officers within the Principality second only to the High Warden. "I heard there are rumours that a Warden is leading the Scutum so I guess it must be him," Alon told her.