Chapter 4 - Gestalt Adapter

Using the Gestalt Adapter for the first time is best described as having your entire nervous system exposed and poked with a hot iron rod. Or in other words very very painful. This is why Gestalt Adapters back in the Sovereign are often used for basic labour such as operating machines for construction or agriculture and never for combat despite the fact it is used to easily bypass training by having the entire control schematic downloaded into the brain.

However, according to various explanations told to Alon by Tsuna, Wu and Henri, the teenage soldier that took him to the Hangar, various Private Military Contractors and Criminal Organizations raise children just so they can be bred into child soldiers by having those implanted into their spines. Some often use unsanitary methods causing the child soldiers to die a slow death.

Fortunately for Alon, he had his implanted for the sake of operating various Farming equipment.

"Are you ready?" Wu asked him to hold the receiver end for the Adapter as Tsuna and Henri held Alon back who was terrified of the backlash he will get at the moment and so they agreed to hold him like a child about to be injected for the first time.

"Just do it before—" Alon's words were cut short as he blacked out from the immediate pain of being hooked into a far more complicated machine, it was just as the doctor told him. The more complicated the Machine he is hooked into, the more painful the backlash it'll come on his first time.

He woke up being gently placed into the cockpit by Henri who was wiping the blood off his face, likely what came from his nose and eyes. "That went well," He joked as Henri stepped out of the cockpit while he turned to the Panels in front of him, thanks to the Gestalt Adapter he is now able to understand how each of these machines works without the training needed.

The Unit he is on is an SSK-04 Ronin, a General Purpose Unit that is known for its lack of armour but superior speed. His current arsenal consists of a Light Kinetic Rifle with a high rate of fire but little distance, mostly for close to mid-range combat and its true arsenal lies on the Kinetic Nodachi which was just as large as the Ronin is.

Alon took a deep sigh as he put on his helmet as moved the Ronin towards the Launchpad as Tsuna and the other Pilot had launched ahead before him.

"Alon Akunawa, launching!" Alon said while subtly telling himself that he wanted to say that slightly giddy as he was thrown back for a moment as the Ronin launched out of the Luna Sea and for a moment, Alon was in awe at what he was seeing. A full view of Mars from Orbit, he would have stayed it for a moment if not for the sound of fire coming from his left side and saw the pursuers and felt his blood chill from the fear.

From afar he saw a squad of five KTP-22 Kataphracts, a General Purpose Mechs used by the Sovereign Army as seen on various propaganda videos surrounding them but what makes them stand out from the standard one was that it uses the Dark Red and Silver colour scheme of the Orthus Legion and from what he heard in the rumours was that their Kataphracts are custom-designed designed for their Aces and Officers in the Army.

Either way, the Kataphract is as deadly as they are popular in the Army.

"What's the plan?" Alon asked nervously flying alongside Tsuna and the Second Pilot.

"Defend the ship whatever it takes," Tsuna said as he flew in closer as his Ronin began to open fire towards any of the nearby Kataphracts closings into them. "New Guy try to avoid getting killed!" He added as he began to exchange fire with the Kataphracts and even destroying one in the process as he took the Heavy Kinetic Rifle and began to fire back at the other Kataphracts closing in on them.

"And don't go being a hero got it?" The Second Pilot said as he pulled out the Kinetic Nodachi and began to fly around and exchange blows with another Kataphract.