Chapter 14 - Battle Over Venus

The defence of the city was for a lack of a better term, an absolute mess, with many remaining Loyalists, surrendering to the Rebels by raising the arms of their mechs and stepping out to be captured. Alon's unit consisted of just him and the Pilot from last night as the others were shot down or surrendered to the Rebels.

"What do we do?" She asked as she continued to fire back at them with her kinetic rifle meanwhile Alon had cut down yet another Rebel Mech using the gunblade as he had run out of ammo and threw away the two Beam Sabers he had.

All units this is Artesia! Fall back to the Chrysia Forest! The call sign of the Commander of the Loyalist forces began to ring out to all the communications. The two flew out while trying their best to manoeuvre out of the crossfire. However, unlike the ReZio, the Pilot's Zio had run out of fuel causing her to develop difficulty in flying causing her to nearly crash, not for Alon carrying her out of the crossfire.

"Hold on!" Alon told her as they struggled from the fire from the ground below. "Just leave me, I'll buy you time!" Her voice cracked, clearly putting on a brave front. Yeah, you're not convincing anyone. Alon commented as he sped up the ReZio leaving both of them with a small amount of damage from the battle.

"Take one last look at the City, it'll be a while before we'll be able to get back there," Alon commented with a defeated sigh as they watched the city burn from the ongoing siege. "Hey, can you promise me something?"

"Wh-what is it?" She asked as they were beginning to make their way to the site where the Luna Sea and the Margaress, the Feisher and the Laia, a series of modified Carriers that the Loyalists were able to muster under short notice, are being fueled up and loaded with the remaining loyalist troopers and citizens who wished to join them as part of the crew.

"If we both survive and managed to return to this place, why don't you tour me through the city next time," Alon said trying to lighten her mood.

"I—sure." She told him in a somewhat calmer voice as Alon gently landed her Zio near the Feisher while he landed the ReZio near the Luna Sea where they were just waiting for him to arrive.

"Naga! you have new orders." Alon hopped out of the ReZio to be loaded into the Laia as he saw Wu and Marina preparing a Raider-26, a Fighter jet capable of both air and space combat that is commonly used in the Istarian Military.

"You and the remaining capable pilots are to fly up and clear a path for us from any possible Rebel or Sovereigns above!" Dain called him as he and Ars climbed into a separate Raider-26 while Tsuna and Henri climbed into another.

"We're not taking the mechs?" Alon asked as he jogged towards his Raider-26 while Marina hopped inside of the Raider's Co-pilot seat. How the Raider works is that the first pilot will only have access to the fighter's controls while the co-pilot assists on the Raider's remote weapon systems such as the flares and missiles.

"Nope, Mechs aren't able to handle atmospheric exits yet," Wu said as he ran inside the Luna sea. "We're taking point let's go!" Dain said as all of the remaining ships began to fly up and prepare for atmospheric exit. Their Raider began to let out an alarm preparing the pilot for the exit as it began to rattle on the inside.

"Nervous?" Alon asked Marina teasingly as both of them co-piloting a machine reminded him of the lazy days when they would hijack the family Mobile Worker for joy rides.

"Yeah right, this is like hijacking Dad's Mobile Worker." She replied confidently, he can detect a smirk on her face as she did so.

Eventually, after what felt like a few minutes of nothing but blank darkness, their Raider proceeded to realign itself as they found themselves staring at six massive Sovereign Warships, all of which carry the colours of the Orthos Legion, began to close in on them.