Chapter 10 - The Clash

In just a minute the once tranquil Chrysia Forest is now a war zone, the once fresh air that came from the fauna is now tainted with the fumes of the weapons while some plants are trampled and destroyed as both the Mechs of the Sisters of Peace and the Orthos Forces clashed with the Mechs of Memento Mori and Wild Hunt.

Alon looked out from the view and saw the forest slowly getting destroyed by the fighting. He let out a disappointed sigh silently thankful that he was able to enjoy a quiet evening with Marina in the forest before this.

"You people have no idea how beautiful this place is!" He complained as his Beam Saber met with the Kinetic Sword of an Orthos Kataphract, unlike the other Orthos who had silver-coloured armour plates this one stood out for a bright red and orange colour scheme.

"If there's anyone to blame it would be you and your fellow terrorists!" The Orange Kataphract Pilot retorted through the proximity communications. "We pursue a path to restore the glory of Earth, but you and the Principality are the very barriers that block out the path to the bright future you denied us!"

The Orange Kataphract reeled back and then used its shoulder-mounted shield to bash at the Zio sending it and Alon inside tumbling.

"Dammit, I can't get past this guy." Alon recovered and then fired the Kinetic Rifle at two incoming Kataphracts used by the Sisters. To his luck, he was able to disable its optics while it took two more shots to fully down it but he had already heard of calls for support on Tsuna's end where he's already getting a large concentration of Z13s.

He then pushed his luck further and went full throttle as he dropped the Kinetic Rifle and shield in favour of dual-wielding the sabres on this gamble he was working on. The plan was that he would move at a faster speed to tackle the Kataphract as they are far bulkier than the Z series Mechs developed on Venus and that they are more flexible than most units. This is why upon contact he would aim for the head and limbs hoping he can disable it buying him more time to get out of dodge. If he succeeded, he was not able to disable the Kataphract but also humiliate the Orthos as this Orange Kataphract is an Officer or an Ace pilot.

"Alright, you need to get out of my way now!" Alon called out to the Kataphract as he rushed forward as the Kataphract prepared its sword and—

Hum!

Crunch!

Clang!

Alon let out a shout of relief as he was satisfied with the outcome. While he had been able to decapitate the Kataphract, it retaliated by slicing off a huge portion of its right leg leaving only the thigh and a few wires exposed but the Zio retaliated by kicking it on with its good leg hard enough for the Kataphract to tumble on the ground and sliced the back and left arm off as the Zio flew off to help Tsuna.

Upon arriving the Zio then held the two sabres in reverse grip and slammed them on the back of two Sisters of Silence Knights who were in the middle of overpowering Tsuna's Ronin who was holding off three at the same time and the only damages it had sustained were the destruction of the extra plating but it was more likely he had to remove it for mobility.

"You looked like you have things under control." Alon joked hoping with a little banter it'll lighten the mood as he flew and used both sabres to slice a pair of Kataphracts in half.

"Very funny, but thanks for stopping by," Tsuna said as he used the thrusters sparingly as his Ronin danced around the battlefield cutting down other mechs by taking down their joints to save more time in mobility.

"Don't get the Zio too thrashed," Tsuna added referring to the already missing leg forcing Alon to rely on the thrusters to remain standing. Oh, right forgot about that, Alon thought as he then turned to a pair of discarded rifles the Zio then proceeded to sheathe the sabres and picked up the said pair of Kinetic Rifles and began to open fire on the other Z13s that began to close in towards them.