Chapter 22

Early Wednesday morning a couple of days later, both of my parents and I are up in Saratoga Springs, New York at the Saratoga Race Course

Early Wednesday morning a couple of days later, both of my parents and I are up in Saratoga Springs, New York at the Saratoga Race Course. My mom and I arrived yesterday while my dad and Kyle have both been here for a couple of weeks now with Magic, Dancer, HowDoYouLikeMeNow and Splash of Class. Magic and Splash are racing in individual races on Saturday while Dancer and HowDoYouLikeMeNow are running next Saturday.

On Monday, I woke up and got ready to meet my mom downstairs to help out in the barns and she didn't anything about Sunday, whether she knew if we had sex again or how late Lucas was there, because of the sex we had, so I'm still on edge about it.

This morning though, my mom is walking beside me while I lead Magic through the backside to the mile and an eighth long dirt track on the grounds for her first public work since winning the Triple Crown.

"There's a lot of people out," I hear my dad speak to Kyle and Jeremy as we reach where the guys are waiting for the three of us.

"They wanna see her," Kyle says, nodding his head in our direction

"Hey," I say with a small smile. I'm wearing my botox blue cap sleeve top which has a narrow standing v-neckline I have paired with my black pair of high-rise riding tights that have a wide waistband, a zip-up pocket along the backside of the waistband, thigh pockets and perforated leg panels. I slipped my feet into my black paddock boots with back zippers while my hair has been pulled back into a ponytail.

"How is she?"

"She's ready to go," I reply, looking up at my horse who is alert and looking around, almost as if she is posing for the reporters who are buzzing around us while trying to keep their distance, for pictures of our newest Triple Crown winner.

"Alright, well let's get her out there then," my dad voices, moving to give Jeremy a boost into the saddle on Magic's back.

I'm sad I'm not riding Magic for this workout, but since I'm not a licensed jockey in any sense, not to mention I'm a good bit taller than the typical jockey, I'm not permitted to ride at the tracks for safety reasons. Jeremy doesn't usually ride her in the mornings at the tracks until closer to race day, but this is an important session so he's up.

"What do you want me to do with her?" Jeremy asks as he secures his feet in the stirrups.

"We're gonna do something similar to what Kayl did with her last week. She performed really well with that. Warm her up and gallop for a mile and a half. but we're gonna give them a little show so you can breeze her for a whole five-eighths."

"Alright," he smiles, giving Magic a neck rub.

"Good. Watch out for Simple Solution and Triple Threat. They'll be out there too and we don't want a three horse race out there."

"Right" Jeremy nods

"Go give 'em a show girl," I whisper to my filly before unclipping her lead rope so she and Jeremy can head onto the track.